OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Snakewood Ivory Striker

Started by pappy, February 23, 2016, 11:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Ok here is the deal....I found one exceptional piece of Snakewood in my stash, and some WartHog Ivory and some Elk Antler Burrs and combined them together to make this powerhouse of a striker....second one for the year....I am going to take it to the classies......to see if there would be any interest in her....pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

eorlando

pappy

Quote from: eorlando on February 23, 2016, 11:59:17 AM
That is beautiful jack!!!
thanks Eric this is the second one you saw the first.....this one screams!!!!!
tel...573-380-8206

eorlando

If I hadn't bought the other one I would be all over this one.

Dr Juice

Beautiful piece. I'm afraid to ask ... I'm clinching my 4th point of contact; how much is it?

eorlando

Quote from: mlisandro on February 23, 2016, 02:39:52 PM
Beautiful piece. I'm afraid to ask ... I'm clinching my 4th point of contact; how much is it?

It's in the classifieds for $55 plus shipping. Well worth it in my opinion. If I didn't already have one on the way from jack I would be all over this one!!!

Dr Juice

pappy

well as of this morning the lil' sister has seen two of its siblings adopted...LOL thanks, Lisandro and Jarrett
tel...573-380-8206

mgm1955

pappy

tel...573-380-8206

Dr Juice

I received mine today. Great job Pappy. I'm looking forward to using it and luring in a giant thunder chicken with it. Thx again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjordan

Those are pretty Pappy! How do you go about conditioning the end of it? Just like you normally would if it were a laminate or wood?

pappy

you would condition it the same way you would an ivory of any kind, 220 grit not a lot of pressure in circular motions....and then after the initial I take it and run in one direction like you would a pot it seems to grab better....so glad you like yours, mlisandro.....only two more to go...
tel...573-380-8206

cjordan

Thanks Pappy. I haven't ever messed with an ivory tipped striker so I wasn't for sure.

WyoHunter

You're creations are always artistic and beautiful. This is a very stylish striker that will have an old gobbler running.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!