OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2015-2016 Season... Post up!

Started by Marc, February 20, 2016, 05:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

Always nice to seem some posts from around the country...  Post up some pictures of your hunting adventures.
I do not have the greatest duck hunting in the country, but I have no complaints...  Long liberal season with a variety of species...  This year was a decent season, as I hunted some different areas.  I killed less green-wing teal and more widgeon and canvasbacks than most years.  Our mallard numbers continue to plummet, but we still killed a couple...

I did not take as many photos as I should have, but here are a few from this season:

An unusually quick shoot very early in the season with a couple mallards...  This was one of my favorite shoots of the whole season, as there were few birds, but I shot very well...  I had 3 doubles and a single with 7 shots for 7 ducks (a very unusual event for me):

Early season cans with a nice mixed limit:

A nice Sunday morning hunt with my daughter...  She worked the jerk cord for me, and learned to blow a widgeon whistle...  High fog, and she was blowin' the whistle when three gagwall came in on us, and I managed to pull all three down:
Kierra working the jerk cord:

Kierra showing off our limit (3 gagwall, 4 gw teal):

Nice shoot with my father in which we killed our 4 bull sprig, some widgeon, and filled out with teal:

My half of another nice limit shoot with my father (2 pintail, 2 widgeon, 1 mallard, 1 canvasback, 1 gw teal):

A nice south wind shoot by myself (we typically do not shoot well in a south wind and it was blowin' good):

Very nice shoot with a good friend of mine...  With one bird each to go, he opted to finish on a teal, and had to wait for me to finish with my second bull sprig... (4 canvasbacks, 3 sprig, 3 widgeon, 4 gw teal):

The special late season goose hunt was not overly productive, but I managed 4 geese by myself, shooting at a flock of snow geese and a pair of specklebellies:

Post up some pictures and shoots from your season!
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Spring Fever

Great pics and I loved the story along with them. I didn't make it at all this year, but really enjoyed your post. Looked like the black lab got to get out and work for you. Love seeing a dog retrieve. Often wander if I enjoy the sport or watching the fun my dog has doing it.

Marc

Quote from: Spring Fever on February 20, 2016, 11:49:34 PM
Great pics and I loved the story along with them. I didn't make it at all this year, but really enjoyed your post. Looked like the black lab got to get out and work for you. Love seeing a dog retrieve. Often wander if I enjoy the sport or watching the fun my dog has doing it.
Thank you for the kind words...

Monte is about 11 years old now, but he does not know it...  In the process of looking for a younger companion for him...  Been a great hunting dog and a great family dog, and yep...  He earned his meals this season.
Did I do that?

ilbucksndux

Our duck season was the worst I have ever seen. Warm weather and very little migration had a lot of waterfowlers around here looking at empty blue skies. I didnt hunt near as much as normal but I did get out a few times.
Gary Bartlow

ilbucksndux

Gary Bartlow

MK M GOBL

Like to lay down the honkers here!

MK M GOBL

Garrett Trentham

"Conservation needs more than lip service... more than professionals. It needs ordinary people with extraordinary desire. "
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org

Garrett Trentham

Good mixed bag day out of the layouts in November.
"Conservation needs more than lip service... more than professionals. It needs ordinary people with extraordinary desire. "
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org

Garrett Trentham

- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org

Garrett Trentham

Mallards finally showed up in late November.
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org

Garrett Trentham

- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org

Garrett Trentham

Arkansas rice field ducks and specks.
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org

Garrett Trentham

Colder weather.

Another good day in the corn. Had over 200 mallards land within 10 yards of me at one point on this hunt. Couldn't buy an other duck.

Bull Sprig!

- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org

Garrett Trentham

Packing it in after a successful hunt.

Another nice sprig from Arkansas.

Fine afternoon shoot out of the layouts.

Picking up one evening as thousands of ducks were working into the marsh. Makes it hard to work on pulling decoys!

All in all it was a great season. Blessed for sure.
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org

Marc

Garrett, looks like you have some pretty good hunting...  Nice photo's from a great season.
Did I do that?