OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Who makes T/C Chokes

Started by Flounder, February 18, 2016, 12:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flounder

Just got my T/C 20 gauge barrel today and was wondering who make their chokes? It looks like a Kicks GT and is a .562 ported.
Thanks

Prohunter3509

I don't know who makes them but I shoot 12 ga. With t c choke
And I am very happy with mine .

mightyjoeyoung

They don't look anything like a kicks.  They DO however look EXACTLY like a Colonial Arms choke. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Flounder

Yep! Mightyjoeyoung, you hit the nail on the head!
Anybody had any luck with this choke, out of a 20 gauge with HW#7?

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Flounder on February 18, 2016, 12:05:16 PM
Just got my T/C 20 gauge barrel today and was wondering who make their chokes? It looks like a Kicks GT and is a .562 ported.
Thanks
Many times, manufacturers will put chokes out for bids to various companies, so it can vary from time to time.  The gun maker may provide the specifications, geometry, type of steel, etc. In some cases, it may also just be a stock choke from a maker.  Sometimes, the makers name will be on the choke, it may have the gun manufactures name on it, or it may have no name on it at all.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

mightyjoeyoung

I'm no expert, but if this is your factory TC choke, it sure looks like a C.A. model to me...

Flounder

That's it! My modified cam in today so I can polish barrel tommorow night. The next good day I'm going to find out how it patterns with some Federals.
Thanks

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: Flounder on February 22, 2016, 09:32:50 PM
That's it! My modified cam in today so I can polish barrel tommorow night. The next good day I'm going to find out how it patterns with some Federals.
Thanks

Good luck. Mine patterned for crap with literally every load I tried (7 dif loads)...

Flounder

Thanks a lot! I've been waiting on getting the.barrel polished before I tried. I think I'm going to order another choke before it's too late. Got my eyes on Jebs non ported .555?
I feel time is running out and Sumtoy seems to busy to get me one in time for season.