turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

hallorans new slate

Started by Spitten and drummen, February 15, 2016, 08:50:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greentag

been playing with this call alot the last couple days and matching some strikers up to it,all of you all that has one ordered are going to love it,its an amazing slate,it can do it all,and do it good and effortlessly,certian strikers even make it as a nasty as a twisted sister,then you can get some to really tone it down,but just about every striker ive  triedsound good,all of them in a different way,its crazy how you can even kee kee on it so good,and im talking a real good crystal sounding kee kees too.

357MAGNOLE

Quote from: greentag on February 17, 2016, 05:31:24 PM
been playing with this call alot the last couple days and matching some strikers up to it,all of you all that has one ordered are going to love it,its an amazing slate,it can do it all,and do it good and effortlessly,certian strikers even make it as a nasty as a twisted sister,then you can get some to really tone it down,but just about every striker ive  triedsound good,all of them in a different way,its crazy how you can even kee kee on it so good,and im talking a real good crystal sounding kee kees too.

Dont screw with me man. Your getting my hopes way up ;D

He messaged me today and said mine would be out this week, of course I placed my order two weeks ago so it should head out sooner than all those being placed this week. I think I heard, or read the other orders will take a couple weeks.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

greentag

Quote from: 357MAGNOLE on February 17, 2016, 07:23:14 PM
Quote from: greentag on February 17, 2016, 05:31:24 PM

Dont screw with me man. Your getting my hopes way up ;D

He messaged me today and said mine would be out this week, of course I placed my order two weeks ago so it should head out sooner than all those being placed this week. I think I heard, or read the other orders will take a couple weeks.
in that one thread were you were looking for suggestions on a call,well you got a great one  coming!

maytom

I have 2 of his calls now, a slate and a glass call. Both are in my vest. :camohat:

Stump.270

I have almost all of David's  or have had them my new wenge will be here in a couple days but the walnut he had made last year was no slouch and it was 50$ I like it as much as my Platz with David's Paduk or persimmons striker he had only made a small amount of them but it was a great slate it won south east last year so I'm pretty sure that's were the idea came from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: Stump.270 on February 25, 2016, 10:22:25 AM
I have almost all of David's  or have had them my new wenge will be here in a couple days but the walnut he had made last year was no slouch and it was 50$ I like it as much as my Platz with David's Paduk or persimmons striker he had only made a small amount of them but it was a great slate it won south east last year so I'm pretty sure that's were the idea came from

I like my walnut slate a lot. It called 2 to there death last season and 2 more could have died with it if I had them in front of the camera. They got a pass because of a personal goal I had set for myself.

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

Spitten and drummen

talked to david and he said that mine shipped yesterday along with a 1 piece persimmon striker. I hope it sounds as good as yall say. my platz maple and lon trice black acrylic are both hard to beat.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on February 25, 2016, 02:13:53 PM
talked to david and he said that mine shipped yesterday along with a 1 piece persimmon striker. I hope it sounds as good as yall say. my platz maple and lon trice black acrylic are both hard to beat.

Heck yeah!
I requested a Holly striker with mine because I already had his Persimmon.
Be sure to let us know what you think when you receive it.

RiverRoost

What's the name of this call? I want a new call and don't have a slate!

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: RiverRoost on March 01, 2016, 10:26:00 PM
What's the name of this call? I want a new call and don't have a slate!
Wenge and Walnut Slate

Stump.270

I have been meaning to post about this call I like it a lot I have his solid walnut from last year and the new one is raspier I think bloodwood persimmons or Paduk and hickory sound the best along with a fowler Patagonia rosewood I will post a sound file of it later since only people have heard the one of David at the convention if I only could run one striker on it it would be bloodwood

2nd 100

I run 50 Plus of them at the Nationals. They really scream and can be Toned down to do the soft stuff. Consistency is the name of the game with any custom call maker . I have worked with David the last 2 years at the Nationals and I am still amased that we pull out hundreds of calls out of the holding bins and scratch them right there on the table for the first time and they all run like the last one we scratched. Twisted sisters sound like twisted sisters ,double glasses sound like double glasses and all the Unnamed Slates ( new this year ) all sound the same. Btw $65 is going price.