turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

decoy painting tips

Started by SMDGblr23, March 30, 2011, 09:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMDGblr23

hey guys.  i am in the process of painting my b-mobile and need some help.  i want to paint the body and do not know where to start...kinda in a mental block.  i bought some copper paint and some black paint and would like to know how i should use the copper and black paint.

if you guys have any pics of painted decoys that would be helpful.  i have already repainted the head and the wings.

thanks guys

Dwnforce

I use Createx airbrush paint they sell a plastic primer and it works well on decoys...I use brown pink black white and mist it with a light coat of transparent gold..girl looks awesome

SMDGblr23

I hope to have a pic of my finished B-Mobile up here by the weekend.  I just finished redoing the head because I was not satisfied with the color blue I had used (too dark) and wasnt satisfied with the way the beak was done.  When it comes to this kinda stuff I get a BIT OCD over it.  Still need to add that darker color to where the beak meets the head, then I think that I am going to paint the feather tips copper, and the chest black.

SMDGblr23

Quote from: Dwnforce on March 30, 2011, 02:37:05 PM
I use Createx airbrush paint they sell a plastic primer and it works well on decoys...I use brown pink black white and mist it with a light coat of transparent gold..girl looks awesome

I have been using acrylic paint on my B-Mobile and Carry-Lite decoys.  I would like to have pics of my two dekes up by the weekend, but that all depends on how much school work gets in my way.

SMDGblr23

OK guys, here is the finished B-Mobile decoy.

Enjoy.

KYFrid

Hey man that looks good!  :icon_thumright:  Way better than what they look like when you first get em. At least now there actually using more red in killer B.

SMDGblr23

Quote from: WVFrid on April 03, 2011, 07:28:35 PM
Hey man that looks good!  :icon_thumright:  Way better than what they look like when you first get em. At least now there actually using more red in killer B.

Thanks.  I was considering getting a Killer-B because it looked so much more realistic than the B-Mobile, but then I started getting the idea of painting this one.  Wound up spending about $5 bucks for paint and brushes vs $70 bucks on a Killer-B.  Now I need to wait until April 27 to give it the ol' field test.

WyoHunter

How long did it take you to paint it?
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!