turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Any Experiences with Hevi Mag Blend Reduced Recoil

Started by AC 870, February 14, 2016, 06:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AC 870

Just picked up a box. Going to be a bit before I can try em out. Just wondering if any of you 20 shooters had experience with em.  :funnyturkey:

BandedSpur

No, the concept makes no sense to me. Especially in a gauge with a limited payload, why take up space with pellets that have excess penetration at the expense of pattern density. IMO, straight 7s are the only way to go in the 20. Hope they do well for you though.

g8rvet

I patterned them last year.  Was working up a load for my daughter to use a youth model 870 (she is grown, but has not shot much in her life - mostly 22LR).  I thought I would give them a try.  Very unimpressed with them in the Trulcok HW choke tube and in the Remington factory full and extra full.  Would only be good to 30 in that gun and the HW#7 outperformed them in consistency and density at 20, 30 and 40 yards.  Since I already had stocked up in those for my 20 as well, time to go hunting! 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

magnumgray

I got some by accident at the NWTF convention..... and a box of 7's too ..... $20 a box ... no tax and a ten dollar rebate..... for $10 a box net .....a really good deal .... cheap enough to waste on a a coyote  at close range