Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

1st year long beard hunter

Started by Big Al, February 12, 2016, 10:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Al

Just joined and happy to say this will be my 1st year hunting turkey. I've been reading a lot of the post the last week ( sitting in waiting room as I became a grand daddy for the 1st time to a beautiful baby girl ) as a guest. It seems if you have a question, you can get the answer here. I recently purchased Mossberg 835. So my 1st question is, any info on Colonial choke tubes for 835?  From what I've read here is the old Star Dot chokes were made by Colonial and seem to be like the mother of all 835 chokes if you can get your hands on one. Are the Colonial .676 chokes reliable as the old Star Dots or would you recommend something else? Thanks for any help and believe me I'm going to need it. My wife says I over analyze everything, so if  I get on your nerves just let me know.

hookedspur

Welcome to Old Gobbler . Lots one info and experience here.

Congrats on the baby .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

southern_leo

Welcome. I'd suggest putting your question in the choke tube area or general forum. Less people frequent the welcome area. I'm sure someone here knows. Good luck this spring!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Big Al

OldSchool

I can't help with your question, but a big congrats from one grandpa to another.  :icon_thumright:

:welcomeOG:

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

Big Al

Thanks and there is nothing like that first grand child

thenatural67

CRUSADERS
2016 Old Gobbler Contest Champions