Main Menu

Dakota jake

Started by sbbow, January 21, 2016, 07:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbbow

Does anybody use this jake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

opster246

I have one because it was on sale at Midway USA for $33 last year-but when I am hunting, I use my DSD jake. Bought the Dakota because my boys were going to be hunting in 2 places at the same time, this way they could each use a nice jake decoy.

nativeks

I have one. It's works, but it's no DSD. If it wouldn't have been $33 I wouldn't have bought it.

Gobble!

Quote from: nativeks on January 21, 2016, 09:13:54 PM
I have one. It's works, but it's no DSD. If it wouldn't have been $33 I wouldn't have bought it.

Yeah good deal for $33

kyturkeyhunter4

Don't look bad at all, $33 is a really good deal for it for sure.

DanT

Great decoy. Looks almost identical to the DSD and you can usually find a good sale for about 1/3 of the price. Any bird the DSD will bring in the Dakota will also....

paintbrush

I got a really good deal on one when they first came out. I've used it for a few years now, and it has been pounded down to the ground on several occasions by some mean spirited longbeards. Some of those longbeards are no longer among the living!

WisTurk

I got one at the end of the season last year so I haven't had time to use it in the field yet.  You can get it for $50 plus shipping right now

http://bestturkeydecoy.com/shop/best-turkey-decoy-dakota-xtreme-jake/

Timmer

My bow hunting buddies swear by them.  It's all the only decoy they use.  For this reason I ordered one online when it was on sale.  I'm a run and gunner and find it to be to big for me (as are the DSD). 

If you are looking to pick one up, mine has taken several hunting trips but has never left my truck. I'd likely be willing to part ways with it.
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!