turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Scope

Started by IA_Gobbler, February 12, 2016, 12:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IA_Gobbler

What scopes are you guys using? I prefer a fixed power, and don't want to spend a ton ($150ish tops). I'm not opposed to a red dot. Any and all input is welcome, thanks in advance

Greg Massey

The Simmons pro diamond is a good scope for less than 100 dollars. I like the 1.5 x 5 x 32 power.. I also have 2 of the Nikon turkey pro ..but they don't make it anymore, sometimes you can find one on ebay for around 300 dollars. also look at the Bushnell trophy XLT circle x reticle 1.75 x 4 x 32 and Leupold VX1 scope.

MK M GOBL

I have been using a Bushnell Turkey Scope for over 20 years without fail! and it fits your price range.
I call it "The Circle of Death!"

MK M GOBL

IA_Gobbler

Thanks for the replies. I just noticed that I put $150ish tops, when I ment $250ish range.

tree-rat sniper

I used a Leupold VX1 2-7x33 heavy duplex shotgun scope for a few seasons (also used it on my mossy for deer).  Never an issue or complaint with it, made in the USA & a lifetime warranty.  I believe they can still be had for under $250 if you shop around.
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!

357MAGNOLE

I just picked up a Leupold VX-1 1x4 with the "Turkey Plex reticle"

I like it..... I am still waiting on my scope rings to come in to be certain but from what I can tell it is a nice setup. Paid $209 for it.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

davisd9

Tried the Bushnell and do not like it. Leupold is great, but that pro-diamond was made to kill turkeys.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

IA_Gobbler

Thanks guys, I ended up ordering a Weaver Kaspa Turkey Rectile for $175 off Amazon. Should be here this week

Cleveland48

I have a Nikon Monarch 1.5x4.5 with Turkey plex. It has been a great scope.

RaspyD

Quote from: MK M GOBL on February 12, 2016, 05:47:26 AM
I have been using a Bushnell Turkey Scope for over 20 years without fail! and it fits your price range.

MK M GOBL

Another vote for the Bushnell.  Been using them since Bushnell came out with them.  I have one on my 12 and one on my 20.
Perfection Turkey Calls

WyoHunter

Quote from: RaspyD on February 19, 2016, 08:24:28 PM
Quote from: MK M GOBL on February 12, 2016, 05:47:26 AM

MK M GOBL

Another vote for the Bushnell.  Been using them since Bushnell came out with them.  I have one on my 12 and one on my 20.
Great scopes. I've had mine for 13 years without problems.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!