OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mouth call overload??

Started by sticknmofish, February 08, 2016, 06:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sticknmofish

So I decided to try some new and different mouth calls this year and have looked at so many different ones I can't decide which way to go.
In the past I have used mostly 3 reed batwing style with good luck I have used pittman black and white diamonds until I couldn't get them to be consistent anymore then I switched to yellow yelpers with pretty good luck just a little hard to blow.
Based on this info can anyone point me in the right direction on what mouth call I might like to try this year???

Smooth_Operator

Take a look at Hooks, Gooserbat, Houndstooth, and RutNStrut diaphragms. I've had good luck with all of them...

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

Tom Dooley

jepcho

Hooks executioner II

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hillbilly yelper

Sadler McGraw by champion choice, bat or combo cut! Very deep throaty rasp! Del Crow with Natural Addiction, bat cut....this call will do it all! Cut, cackle, Yelp, raspy! Hanks calls, bat or combo cut! This bat cut is one of the dirtiest, raspiest call I ever had!
Good luck!
Tim
New email: lmurdock@k12.wv.us

WV Ridge Reaper

Houndstooth all pro 3 reed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbird22

V cut - Hooks Executioner II
Batwing - Legacy Lone Hen 3
Combo cut - Houndstooth Dixie Combo

LBA

XT CALLS          User friendly and no joke on the sound and quality.Its good to see these being made again.Even with a totally new latex supply these calls really do rank right up there with the big boys

TauntoHawk

Hooks, houndstooth, halloran are some of my favorite and ive tried a lot i mean a lot of mouth calls

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Kwgoke

Quote from: Hillbilly yelper on February 08, 2016, 08:15:57 PM
Sadler McGraw by champion choice, bat or combo cut! Very deep throaty rasp! Del Crow with Natural Addiction, bat cut....this call will do it all! Cut, cackle, Yelp, raspy! Hanks calls, bat or combo cut! This bat cut is one of the dirtiest, raspiest call I ever had!
Good luck!
X2 for Sadler McGraw! I just bought a few and they are all pretty easy to run and have an awesome sound!

ncturkey

My favorite is Hooks. Which one. That is a hard question. I like most all of them. There combo cut and the bat wing calls run really well. I also heard good things about Houndstooth and Motherlode mouth calls. My have to try the McGraw calls.

Gooserbat

Give me a try.  If you don't see what you want on the website I build a lot of customs. 
WWW.gooserbatcalls.com
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: LBA on February 08, 2016, 09:28:17 PM
XT CALLS          User friendly and no joke on the sound and quality.Its good to see these being made again.Even with a totally new latex supply these calls really do rank right up there with the big boys
so many great ones out there. I really like xt. no break in and easy to blow softly.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

BT

I like Tom Teaser's Cracked Corn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwright8

Sadler McGraw (champions choice)

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk