only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

4 YEAR MEMBER 1ST POST

Started by shortmag4me, February 08, 2016, 12:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shortmag4me

Just wanted to introduce myself here.
Everyone calls me Tommyjohn (nickname)
I'm from N.C. and started trukey hunting 4 years this year and still trying to get my first bird. Got a good feeling this year I'll get one.
Never got into turkey hunting cause spring time here means the start of off shore fishing and we didn't have a lot of turkeys (my farm) and still don't but every year more and more show up. It's funny how one farm has them and the next don't.
I haven't run and gun for turkeys but hope to get to this year. I mostly sit in a blind in areas I've seen turkeys. Everything I've learned is by mistakes, what I read here, and You tube.
1st week Last year was my best year first time I called a gobbler in. I was using a slate call and  gobbler walked out at 40 yards shook his feathers and gobbled which  caught me off guard (scared the crap out of me) needless to say when everything come together in my head I realized I was still calling and it sounded like a DJ scratching on a rap song. He turned and  walked away. I had 3 more encounters with him at 40 yards but never shot at him. This land is my neighbors land and I can't hunt with a gun just a bow.
Anyways I'm glad I finally feel like I know enough to be able to post.
Thanks and have a great day.
Tommyjohn

mwr

:welcomeOG:
                           Mike

OldSchool

Hi Tommyjohn  :wagon:

The guy that used to run the little gun shop here when I was starting out, called the mistakes and aggravation associated with learning on your own, paying dues. He'd say that the price we pay for the things we learn that way may seem expensive, but It's money well spent. Unlike the people here though, he wouldn't try to help a guy out with some advise. He seemed to enjoy every minute of my suffering. ;D good luck this spring. :icon_thumright:

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

mgm1955

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

shortmag4me

Thanks everyone.
Bob I'm definitely paying my dues and I hope it will pay off this year. Good luck to you this spring.
Hopefully I will be posting my first bird on here this year.

thenatural67

CRUSADERS
2016 Old Gobbler Contest Champions

tomstopper

SS Calls