only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

USE THE FREAKIN SEARCH FEATURE!

Started by gophert, February 08, 2016, 10:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drenalinld

Quote from: gophert on February 08, 2016, 11:23:25 AM
Quote from: drenalinld on February 08, 2016, 11:15:41 AM
Here's a tip. Scroll on and dont' read the questions if it bothers you so much.

It was that tip that prompted me to write the post!  I did scroll and the more I scrolled, the more you see the same question asked over and over. 

9 posts on just the 1st page of the 20 ga section asking for shell/choke combo for either the 870 or Mossberg.

I'm just pulling your chain. I do struggle to find what I want with the search feature however. I can remember specifice threads usually about calls and I am rarely able to locate them with the search feature.

357MAGNOLE

[/quote]

I'm just pulling your chain. I do struggle to find what I want with the search feature however. I can remember specifice threads usually about calls and I am rarely able to locate them with the search feature.
[/quote]

Something that would help to, when you search something results come back in a bright yellow, that for me is pretty difficult to even read without straining my eyes. They should change the layout of the forum to some easier to read formats. Could go a long way to user friendliness of the forum.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

davisd9

I usually just paste a link to a thread that has the information they are looking for.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

gophert

I agree, but you just need to search certain words. 

I searched just the 20 ga section and got 13 PAGES..not posts...pages of info when I searched 870 choke.  I got 4 pages of info on 870 Choke Load search. 

You can choose the drop down menu and search any forum section you want to help narrow your results. You can do the same for the pattern section as well. 

TrackeySauresRex

So... Does anyone know a good choak/load combo for a 20ga 870  :z-guntootsmiley: Lol sorry bud I couldn't help it.
If I ever give any advice, I always follow up and say... Use the search engine. OG is the greatest informative turkey site ever! It's that simple. It's helped all of us. Good luck to all, and enjoy. We have another great spring turkey season on the way  :icon_thumright:
B-Well
Johnny
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

g8rvet

I searched for the search feature and all it led me to were 870 20 gauge choke combinations!   :turkey2:
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: Lucky#7 on February 08, 2016, 03:11:13 PM
Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on February 08, 2016, 12:50:45 PM
OG is the greatest informative turkey site ever! It's that simple. 

That might be a little over the top, but everyone is entitled their own opinion.

Ok Lucky,maybe just a wee bit over the top. However... It's ONE of the most informative turkey sites.  :you_rock:

BowBendr

It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that the same questions being asked are only 3 threads above the same questions.
I see Tims point, most times you can find an answer without having to use the search feature, its usually right there on the same page...
When I was building my 20 I read for days, there is so much info in here thats its staggering. Too much info to a degree.
I understand it is hard to wade through but I do because I'm so OCDish.  I wanted to know the best way to build my 870 so I read it all...whew...

2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: BowBendr on February 08, 2016, 05:49:15 PM

When I was building my 20 I read for days, there is so much info in here thats its staggering. Too much info to a degree.
I understand it is hard to wade through but I do because I'm so OCDish.  I wanted to know the best way to build my 870 so I read it all...whew...

2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions

Thats a lot of info to sift through,and this is exactly how I felt when I was researching a new 870 for myself. I wound up talking myself out of it. I like to keep it simple and effective as I can.

Old Gobbler

the pattern picture area is perhaps the best area to look for shotgun performance , the forum can be quite large to search through so I can't blame anyone for asking for a friendly helping hand , if one doesn't like the repetitive questions all they need do is scroll on down and ignore , if someone doesn't mind helping , they are more than welcome to chime in and help that person

The OG forum is very popular , I think the reason being is the friendly atmosphere that Ive tried to promote very hard - we communicate in a manner as though we're talking to the person face to face ---
People visit websites because they are informative- friendly -and enjoyable
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

BandedSpur

Quote from: gophert on February 08, 2016, 11:08:42 AM
Quote from: owlhoot on February 08, 2016, 11:01:30 AM
Good tip to use the search!
Now a little ribbing humor , try the decaf  :wave:

Drank my first ever cup of decaf last week, I am trying for sure!

And now we know why someone is so cranky....TIM!

Greg Massey

Old Gobbler ...i just enjoyed learning how to use the search on the site just now..GOOD job guy's..

dejake

I'm guilty of it.  I do it to get more current opinions/information.  Also, newbies might not really know how what they actually want to know.  They don't know what they don't know.

CrustyRusty

We should stop talking about 20 ga shotguns and start talking about something less confrontational...like politics and religion. :funnyturkey:

Greg Massey

No way CrustyRusty..  20 ga. more fun ...