North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

The Strut Stoppers

Started by Thundermtn, February 07, 2016, 04:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thundermtn

Seminoleturkey

I'm so jacked up for turkeys season my wife thinks I have a problem and should seek therapy .lol

turkey harvester

Quote from: Seminoleturkey on February 20, 2016, 08:02:56 PM
I'm so jacked up for turkeys season my wife thinks I have a problem and should seek therapy .lol

I hear ya, I get that from time to time until she's ready to go,lol. With very unseasonable temps I actually got up and thought I might hear a courtesy gobble. No such luck but 55 degrees at 5:30 am in in February is crazy. 
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Seminoleturkey

I'm doing some preseason scouting this morning and I have herd at least 6 different birds .things are looking good .

turkey harvester

Wonder how close we are to filling our team up?

SawmillHoller

I'd like to take part if you still need members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seminoleturkey

What subspecies of turkeys is everybody hunting ? I hunt Osceola's in central Florida and Seminoleturkeys in north central and north Florida and eastern turkeys in north Florida and south  Georgia .just case anybody wondering what a Seminole turkey is , it's an Osceola's that live above the northern boundaries of the  established  Osceola zone .there also hybrids here .i never know what I'm going to kill .same area I might kill a Seminole turkey or hybrid or a eastern .makes things interesting

turkey harvester

Quote from: Seminoleturkey on February 25, 2016, 04:18:36 PM
What subspecies of turkeys is everybody hunting ? I hunt Osceola's in central Florida and Seminoleturkeys in north central and north Florida and eastern turkeys in north Florida and south  Georgia .just case anybody wondering what a Seminole turkey is , it's an Osceola's that live above the northern boundaries of the  established  Osceola zone .there also hybrids here .i never know what I'm going to kill .same area I might kill a Seminole turkey or hybrid or a eastern .makes things interesting

That's pretty cool having 3 different species to shoot. I'll just be hunting easterns here in Mo. We have quite a few birds here in southern part of the state. I have a couple of farms that have both hardwoods and fields. Them field turkeys are evil,lol. I used to hunt only public but the goobers down here will set up right on top of ya. All they want to do is kill. The wife is into now so I try to get a place where she has first crack at a longbeard. We both killed in same field last year within 2 hours. They love my jake mobile with a full fan.

Thundermtn

I'm all easterns here. Someday I'll go chases so merriams.

RIStrutStopper

iliveintrees

Hey guys, I'd be glad to join if you still need some members. (replying to a PM, thanks for the invite!) I live in SE Michigan and have no problem killing a good bird here every year. I have a deer hunting lease in SE ohio that I also turkey hunt on if I have time.

Looking to get some kids into birds this year, my daughter and some niece and nephews. I'll be traveling to Kansas and Nebraska around May 1 time after Michigan's 1st season wraps up to try for some Rio/Merriams.

Let me know if I'm in!

Thundermtn

You're in! I'm taking my oldest for the first time this year. Should be fun if I can keep it from being too slow in a blind.

iliveintrees

Sweet! Are we for sure going to have a team? (12 members) I know i'll need to remove my name from the random's list.

Thundermtn

I think so. If not the mods will assign us a few guys from the random registration thread. This is going to be a good team, we could get by with just 9 I bet.

iliveintrees

Nice, well if we are gonna be slaying together I'll introduce myself.

Brian, SE Michigan, 29 years old. Been turkey hunting here in Michigan for 15 years. Top goals are to slam out in the next few years, and working on that lifetime "state slam" Love turkey hunting, working the birds I'm a diaphragm caller. If anyone is ever interested in swapping a hunt I have some decent access for turkeys in Michigan!

Also big into ice fishing, hitting the great lakes and rivers for monster walleye in the springtime as well as turkey hunting......HUGE whitetail deer bowhunter.......would love to travel around and go after bear, elk, moose etc someday! Look forward to slaying with you guys and getting to know everyone!