Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Where are you hunting

Started by hookedspur, February 06, 2016, 09:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hookedspur

I'm hunting Ohio, WV, PA for sure and hope to hit KY and Tenn this year.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Clif Owen

Looks like I'm just going to hunt around home this year. Had a hunt planned to try for a Rio but a friend needed money and was selling guns to get it and I spent my hunt budget on that.

thenatural67

I'm hunting here in Ohio and if the turkey gods smile I night get my Osceola this year.
CRUSADERS
2016 Old Gobbler Contest Champions

snapper1982

The plan is to hit tenn and ky and of course ohio. Really thinking hard about Kansas though.

honker22

MS, La, Bama... Quinn do NOT poach on my place this year!
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

Ozark870Hunter

United Front Armory
Custom built firearms
Top quality cerakote applications
https://www.facebook.com/UnitedFrontArmory/

GobbleNut

As of now, my plans are completely up in the air.  I will be hunting here in NM for sure, and plan to hit at least one or two other states, but this is the first time in many years that I have not had firm plans made at this point in time. 

wvmntnhick

Well, I've always relied heavily on the state of WV for all of my hunting purposes. I've never hunted out of state until this year. Seems to be some birds on the property I deer hunted over there last fall and he swears they're there all the time. He also said the place was loaded with deer but that didn't go well so...   Either way, there's public land near his place so I can hunt that at the very least.

As for hunting in WV, shouldn't be an issue. I've gotten access to some really good property the last couple years. Getting birds here generally isn't a problem.

Roost 1

Thanks guys for allowing me to join your team, it seems like yall have a good thing going here and am proud to be apart of it. I'll start my season off hunting public ground on the Fort Campbell military reservation then head off to FL last of March. I'll hurry back to hunt TN and then KY and possibly off to IN at the end of April. I live in KY btw and if anyone would be interested in a swap hunt on private land I'm always interested. Good luck to all......

Double B

KY and my home state of Indiana. Public land all the way but developed a few private options over the past couple years in both states, may try some more of that. 
Followed by buzzards

Double B

Oops sorry.......did not realize this was a team thread.  Enjoy  your season!
Followed by buzzards

wvmntnhick

I keep seeing guys mention Kentucky when talking about out of state hunts. What the deal? Are the non res license cheap? Do they have a liberal season? Are there a ton of birds? I wanna try some other out of state hunts down the road. Kentucky isn't that far really so I'm a bit curious.

Roost 1

The NR license and tags are not what I consider cheap but we do have lots of public land with good hunting.

Roost 1

Been on the phone with my buddy in Indiana, got our schedules aligned. I'll be heading to the Hoosier state April 28th... Can't wait.

anthonyjhallen

I am taking 30 days leave. It's going to be awesome.

As of now I have confirmed TX all season and NC 17-23APR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk