OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Cody World Class Slate,,,,,,SOLD

Started by gfg, March 29, 2011, 08:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gfg

SOLD....THANKS

doepee

I have put a very small dot on the edge with a marker to show me correct side to use..........WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? just wondering

harvester

Quote from: doepee on March 29, 2011, 09:39:19 PM
I have put a very small dot on the edge with a marker to show me correct side to use..........WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? just wondering

I think that may be his sweet spot on the call.

doepee

for 135.00 you shouldnt have to look for a sweet spot!!!!

TauntoHawk

did you condition the surface good

I hear they stuff turkeys under that Cody glass
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

hookedspur

I have the woodsman and it sounds great.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

gfg

Lets me know what side I have cleaned (conditioned) no need to clean the whole face when you only use a tiny portion. My thinking anyway,

doepee

Is this call slate or glass?   It seemed to be listed as a slate call, I dont know if the cody world class is glass or slate. I would need a pic of the glass side of the call {if its glass}

gfg

They make both glass and slate,,,,,,This one is Slate sir.

doepee

gfg--you had me confused as to why anyone would put a dot on their call to see which side was conditioned when it is a slate call... that is why I thought maybe it was glass. {which if it was glass you could see it plainly} I usually condition the whole surface of my slates since it just takes a second, Unless of course you just have a certain area {sweet spot} that the call sounds good on...I can't tell you how many times I have conditioned the same slate call in one season [practicing and just maybe before I am ready to call in hunting}.  I just give it a quick scuff with a piece of green or brown scotchbrite...I go back and forth in the same direction and play across just as if you were conditioning your glass call.. What did you condition the cody slate with? Sorry for the questions I was just confused :icon_thumright:

gfg

They had a piece of scotchbrite with the call.

msm210

I'm a newbie at turkey hunting, but on a previous thread, someone mentioned putting a dot on the top of the call so you know which way you have scuffed up the surface.  I put the dot at the 12:00 position and scuff the surface in the 9:00-3:00 direction.  When it's dark, it's much easier to have the pot in the correct position to make the right sounds.

Not sure if this is what the original poster is saying, but that's what I do on my calls.

Thanks and good hunting!
Mike

MarkJM

Quote from: doepee on March 30, 2011, 08:51:56 AM
for 135.00 you shouldnt have to look for a sweet spot!!!!

agreed, i have had sweet spots everywhere on a $30 call.
MuellerCustomCalls

Nimrodmar10

gfg

I am just joking, but some of you guys post are not helping sales at all.