OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington turkey loads

Started by agent eight seven O, February 01, 2016, 11:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agent eight seven O

I never see much talk about Remington loads on this site. Has anyone had any luck with them?

trkehunr93

Their lead loads just do not perform like Win and Federal loads have. 

Oconeeguy

I too have had trouble getting Remington shells to pattern worth a darn in a BPS or 11-87 (both 12 ga), with any choke I have tried. Not sure why, maybe softer lead leading to more deformities and fliers. Maybe a lack of buffer???

Anyway, I moved on to other brands some time ago. Sadly, I have a stash of old Rem "Wingmaster HD" htl shot that is taking up space in my closet.

Cane Cutter

Same here...its really disappointing and I am firm believer in the Big Green!
Bringin tha boom to ya room!

turkeywhisperer935

Remington's turkey shells leave alot to be desired. Good thing their shotguns are nice. Except the 887 I might add.

dawei

The only load that patterns well in my guns (20ga) is their 1¼oz #5 Nitro Turkey. It only patterned well to 30yds however.

The Pb loads that pattern best in my turkey guns are Federal® Mag-Shok® and Winchester® Supreme®. The only Remington® Pb I use is their skeet and trap ammunition.

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

owlhoot

Those Remington 3 1/2 ". 2 oz. high velocity 4's sure killed a lot of pasture and field turkeys at the ranges those hunts provide . Our supermag 87O  and 835's killed every turkey shot at. As well as the old 4x6 3" out of 21" 870's we had
Remington Express pheasant loads are consistent killers of those birds. And heavy dove kill dove and guail better than any other load we tried.
To be honest the turkey loads never patterned as well as the Federal grand slam.

agent eight seven O

I wonder why Remington does not try to produce a lead load that will compete with Winchester and Federal? Are they getting the results they are aiming for or just simply can't compete?

Prohunter3509

Remington nitro turkey in my encore with encore choke
At 40 yds # got 95 to a 100 in a 10 Inch Circle and
A good consistent pattern all around I am really happy.
Longbeards got better and I will shoot lbs but they will be next I'd I need them

agent eight seven O

I have always liked Remington turkey loads.#5 nitros are always consistent. My 870 patterns them as well as anything else.