OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

original bottomland camo

Started by Spitten and drummen, January 31, 2016, 01:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

Just my thoughts. Why do you think they discontinued this pattern? Imo it's the best spring turkey hunting pattern ever introduced. My all time favorite was green leaf. When they brought the pattern back last year , I bought 2 vest and enough suits to last the rest of my life lol. I cannot figure out why they didn't make any boonie hats. Also gloves and headnets. I'm sure they would have sold. I bought 2 baseball hats but I hate the huge , bright mossy oak logo on front. Just a post to share your thoughts on it.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

outdoors

BECAUSE THEY WANT TURKEY FOR THE FUTCHURE  .....   :TooFunny:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

nyhunter

i gotta agree with you , not only is it awesome for turkey hunting it's awesome in a treestand for deer hunting.

mikejd

My belief is it is because it is not hi tech enough. They spend millions of dollars a year on research and development of these new high tech camo's that they need these to sell.

COPPERDOG

I couldn't agree more.
Original Bottomland and Greenleaf are great patterns and don't just look like a dark blob from 15' away.

alabamabowman

They have both original bottomland and Greenleaf Camo available on mossy oak website.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

yeah they do but no gloves , mask or boonie hats. makes no sense as they know  turkey hunters would buy them along with the shirts and pants.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

bluerivertrapper

I believe you will see the older Mossy Oak patterns making a comeback. I think they see that hunters really like the older patterns. Green Leaf and Original Bottomland are top notch!

buzzardroost

I got a green leaf hat, shirt,and pants this weekend. Should have bought a hoodie too! I asked about a facemask and was told they weren't made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: bluerivertrapper on February 15, 2016, 01:33:06 AM
I believe you will see the older Mossy Oak patterns making a comeback. I think they see that hunters really like the older patterns. Green Leaf and Original Bottomland are top notch!
hope you are right. just had my new benelli m2 20ga dipped in original bottomland. wish I could find a matching sling.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

tha bugman

I remember the good ole days when the catalog was simple and the clothes were of good quality and functional.  Marketing for the next best thing and trying to keep up I guess is what drives the whole thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fan Club

The camo Companies have to keep coming out with new patterns to get new licensing agreements, that's how they make their money.

Some of the older patterns were great, I agree. The Original Advantage by Realtree was tough to beat for turkeys as it looked like the forest floor. Realtree AP of just a couple years ago was photo realistic and was head and shoulders above the Extra crap they are pedaling now which is just an artist rendering...exactly where they started 30 years ago. Mossy Oak Full Foliage was another winner, essentially Bottomland with Green leaves layered over it. They all eventually get retired in the interest of the all mighty dollar, whether they were great patterns or not. My hunting closet looks like the history of Camo patterns, starting with Crumley's TreBark in 1981!

Having said that, turkeys key on movement and you can kill a gobbler in your bathrobe if you can hold still. Camo helps but they were taggin' toms long before camo came along.

"Really, it's just like a musical instrument. If I'd have spent the same amount of time practicin' the piano as I have practicin' turkey calls, I'd be as good as Liberace."  Ben Rogers Lee

turkey_slayer

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on February 15, 2016, 01:58:00 PM
Quote from: bluerivertrapper on February 15, 2016, 01:33:06 AM
hope you are right. just had my new benelli m2 20ga dipped in original bottomland. wish I could find a matching sling.
You're welcome  ;D

http://www.dnwoutdoors.com/quake-the-claw-rifle-shotgun-sling-bottomland.html

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ilbucksndux

There was a nasty rumor going around a year or so ago that Mossy Oak was going to discontinue the new Bottomland because it only sold in a few areas of the country. That nasty rumor was started by Drake waterfowl and their waterfowl bottomland only sold in a few areas of the country. They have since brought it back in their big game line of stuff. I know a guy that is buddies with Toxey Haas and he said Bottomland both the old and new will be around for a long time.
Gary Bartlow

tha bugman

Good to know both are great patterns
Quote from: ilbucksndux on February 21, 2016, 01:43:59 AM
There was a nasty rumor going around a year or so ago that Mossy Oak was going to discontinue the new Bottomland because it only sold in a few areas of the country. That nasty rumor was started by Drake waterfowl and their waterfowl bottomland only sold in a few areas of the country. They have since brought it back in their big game line of stuff. I know a guy that is buddies with Toxey Haas and he said Bottomland both the old and new will be around for a long time.