turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

870 Youth build (any info will help)

Started by 357MAGNOLE, January 28, 2016, 09:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squiibs

What was your method for painting it?? It looks great and I want to do something similar just have no idea how going about it?
Gooble Gobble

357MAGNOLE

Hey, Thanks.

So first things first and I believe the most important step. Prep work.  I took some brakleen (Green can) and sprayed all the parts down.  The gun was disassembled for the entire process by the way. I then went over it with some brushes and lint free cloth to continue cleaning off any residue. After that step I rinsed everything down with Isopropyl and let it air dry.

Then I used a base layer or primer from rustoleum.

Then a layer of khaki or sand... Whatever color it was. (also rustoleum as was all other paints)

Then I used sea sponges cut into little rectangles to sponge on my paint.  I used the brown camo, forrest green, and black. 

If you look a few pages back there is a video linked to how someone did theirs, someone off this forum. I used his method but went heavier with the green and black.

After that was done and I got the desired look I hit it with a few coats of flat clear coat.  Finished off with a little 0000 steel wool rub down to get rid of some shine.

If you need any more info feel free to PM me.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson