turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

835 Fast Fire III Confusion on parts/mounts

Started by TeamCF, January 28, 2016, 08:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeamCF

I know there is plethora of information on here on this exact topic and I have looked through a lot if it but I still have some confusion. I want it to be as low profile as possible and would prefer to not have a long weaver or picatinni rail over the top of my gun. I don't have a place that sells these scopes or mounts within a reasonable drive so I am just trying to figure it out my best online before I order it all. Thanks again for the help these scopes are for sure all new to me.

Is this the mount that will go onto the 835 and its pre tapped and drilled holes and also hold the Fast Fire III?

http://swfa.com/Burris-FastFire-Mount-P12617.aspx

Which Fast Fire should I get? The one with it without a mount? I believe the 3 moa has the smaller dot and I want that one I am more curious about the mount.

Rapscallion Vermilion

The lowest profile option is to buy the 336 base (Burris part No. 410333, like the one in your link) and then buy the FastFire III without a mount.  It will then mount directly to the 336 base with the screws that come with the base. 

TeamCF

Ok, thank you very much. I will be doing just that. I have shot an old Mossberg 500 (1991) all I have ever needed was the factory double bead. This last year bought a new 835. Like everyone else its high. I like the reflex site mainly because FOV and Burris seems like a great company.

I really do appreciate the help, next up is ordering and shooting!

chatterbox

Quote from: TeamCF on January 28, 2016, 09:39:09 PM
Ok, thank you very much. I will be doing just that. I have shot an old Mossberg 500 (1991) all I have ever needed was the factory double bead. This last year bought a new 835. Like everyone else its high. I like the reflex site mainly because FOV and Burris seems like a great company.

I really do appreciate the help, next up is ordering and shooting!
You will like that setup. I have an FFIII, on my 835, my son has an FFII, on his 510, and I will be putting a 336 and FFII on my H & R 20 ga my daughter will be using this spring.
Great little sights! :icon_thumright:

TeamCF

I really like it now that I have the screws figured out. They were too short that came with the 336 base. I love how it looks and sits on the gun. Sighting it in an hour.

Tunaguy

Any pictures? Thinking about the same set-up for my 835.
" I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

TeamCF

It looks decent enough. I had trouble getting the screws for it to bite with the mount. Had to go buy slightly longer screws. Sighting it in hasnt been bad but with the 3.5" shells its kinda tough. All in all I am not 100% sure its worth it. I don't like the factory sights on the gun but I am not sure all the trouble and price is worth the reflex sight. I have yet to shoot at a turkey with it I gotta month from today. My gun is dialed in right now but I am still not sure I have a lot of confidence with it. My old 500 never missed and while this gun definitely throws much tighter patterns and at greater yardage I hope it can put the wood to one.

sixbird

Don't be discouraged. Anything you do for the first time is likely going to be a pia. AND, don't worry about functioning. That little sight is bullet proof. AND, you don't have to worry about where your head is on the stock. Wherever that dot is is where the payload is going.