turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Gun Picture Thread

Started by Ol'Mossy, March 29, 2011, 04:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SR1

Nice weapons folks I tried to get pics of mine but the camo is so good on them they wont show up  :z-guntootsmiley: :goofball:
Death Smiles At Everyone - Marines Smile Back
Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Brawl
Happiness Is A Belt-Fed Weapon
[/url]

trkehunr93

Quote from: BHMTitan on April 06, 2011, 11:36:26 AM
Here's a Browning A5 12g 2-3/4" that's been killing them for 33 years.  This pic with a gobbler taken in Alabama this past Saturday.

An A5 is on my list as a dream gun, would love to own one someday.  

davisd9

She ain't beautiful but she hunts hard!  835 with a Star Dot.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

cannonball

TScottW99

T/C Pro-Hunter predator AKA "Thumper" with a 24" turkey barrel with a Pure Gold .670.  Shooting Hevi 13 #6 2 ounce.  Plan on having forearm and barrel dipped come summer time....

Neil said something about our turkey guns 25 years ago....

Here is "Bessy"  A Stevens 94 12 gauge with a 3" chamber.  This was my turkey gun for many years.  Fixed full choke, hard recoil pad.  For those that cry about the Encore kicking they should shoot this mule!  :begging:

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

HeavyMetal

Quote from: cannonball on April 07, 2011, 07:34:45 PM

where did you find the stock on this gun i have been looking and havent been able to fine one ?

ILIKEHEVI-13

ohio76

Mossberg 500 12ga with Stardot choke.

mightyjoeyoung

My turkey slayer is the 835 on the bottom.  The SBE II just HAD to be in the picture...didn't want her getting jealous!

Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

allchokedup

Top one is my Remington 1100 I purchased 27 yrs ago. Killed several nice birds with it using #4's and a few deer too using buck shot.
Next is my favorite turkey gun, M2 20 gauge with I/C choke
3rd shotgun is my Moss. 835
4th is a Stoeger M2000 with a Burris Speed Dot with I/C choke. it now belongs to my Son.
5th is my new SuperNova with a Eotech 512 scope and a Hevi choke. Have'nt shot it yet.
And last is my M2 12 gauge with a Nikon red dot scope and tipped off with an I/C choke.
I remember when I got my Rem. 1100,Trebark camo was the hot item to wear and Quaker Boy mouth calls was my choice of turkey calls. I shot # 4's because thats what my Dad always used.
Its funny how, now we have all these fancy chokes, Hevi shot shells, red dot scopes and so many different turkey calls to choose from. Oh yeah, what the heck was a decoy and a blind! Never heard of it.
Times have changed , but the love of turkey hunting never has.

Ruger M77

Quote from: HeavyMetal on April 08, 2011, 09:21:52 AM
Quote from: cannonball on April 07, 2011, 07:34:45 PM

where did you find the stock on this gun i have been looking and havent been able to fine one ?
I just bought one at cabelas
I eat therefore I hunt

aaronward9

Here are my turkey guns that I have made up this year. In the past, I have just grabbed a choke, shell, and went.  This year, I have dedicated a lot of time and money into different choke/shell combos to get good patterns. Here is what I have!

1) Benelli SBE2 12 ga w/ 28" bbl and IC .665 choke
2) Mossy 835  12 ga w/ 24" bbl and JH .690 choke
3) Rem. 870 20 ga w/ 26" bbl and PG .555 choke
4) Benelli M1 Super 90 20 ga w/ 28" bbl and Hevi shot brand .573 choke

I am going today to sight in scopes and pattern the 20 ga's.  12's will be shooting Hevi 13 #7's and 20's will be tested with Hevi #6, #7, and Mag Blends.

JustinM

Mossberg 935 with Indian creek .675 Choke and EoTech 512 Holo sight.

Justin =D
Mossberg 935, IC. 675. choke with EoTech 512 Holo sight.

Nimrodmar10

Ruger 22/45 Mark III, 4.5" barrel, Yankee Hill Phantom Sound Tech Suppressor,  CCI 22 LR Sub-Sonic.
Heh, I saw some Guy posting about shootingturkeys with a 50 Cal. Muzzle Loading Rifle. If he can use that I can use my cat shooter. ;D

Spring_Woods

"Was that a gobble?":gobble: