turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Gun Picture Thread

Started by Ol'Mossy, March 29, 2011, 04:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M4J0R T0M

This is my first turkey gun, a Mossberg 835 Ducks Unlimited version. It came with two barrels, a 28" ported waterfowl barrel and of course the ported 24" turkey barrel.  I've polished the barrel and added a Jelly Head Maximum choke. I also added a Holosun 2 moa micro dot. Loving it so far.

cutt down

Weatherby SA-459 20ga with Burris FFlll, Sumtoy choke, & Beretta gel pad. Putting 180+/- @ 40yds.

blgoode

3rd year using this Encore. Can't seem to use anything else.

Team Double D

Top: 835 with 20" non ported barrel, Tactical, Gobble stopper red dot, Brand new
Bottom: 835 with 24" ported barrel, ATI pistol grip stock, Gobble stopper red dot, 20+ years old.

Goose

turkey buster

Browning Belgium A5 12 gauge 29 inch full choke
Mossberg 835, 24 in barrel in Original Realtree, Tru Glo SSX, and Tru Glo Magnum Gobble Dot
Remington 870, 12 gauge 3.5 Supermag, 23 inch barrel in Advantage Timber, .660 Jellyhead Max
Rem 1187, 12 ga 3in, 25 in barrel, in Original Bottomland, Jellyhead .665, and TG Mag Gobble Dot
Rem 870, 12 ga, 3in, 20 in barrel w/rifle sights, Original Bottomland, .665 Sumtoy

taylorjones20

Browning Gold Hunter 3.5" - It's had the forcing cone lengthened and the barrel ported by Rob Roberts.  Getting the Rob Roberts choke for it.  Had it dipped in MO Break-Up Infinity...
Alive only by the Grace Of God

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

clfergus

Just finished a build on my first Turkey gun. Found a guy selling just the receiver and stock, no barrel. It was a NWTF edition, added a 23 inch remington oem barrel with fiber optic sights and a limbsaver sling. Paired it with the Primos jelly Head .660 for now unless the remington X-Full choke patterns better.

Did a little paint fill on the logo.

albrubacker

Quote from: clfergus on March 06, 2015, 12:46:41 PM
Just finished a build on my first Turkey gun. Found a guy selling just the receiver and stock, no barrel. It was a NWTF edition, added a 23 inch remington oem barrel with fiber optic sights and a limbsaver sling. Paired it with the Primos jelly Head .660 for now unless the remington X-Full choke patterns better.

Did a little paint fill on the logo.

Nice rig!  :icon_thumright:
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

RiverRoost

My Winchester Super X3 Longbeard Edition w/ 24" barrel and Rhino choke.  First turkey gun and can't wait to break it in this weekend! Hoping to add a Fastfire to it by next season.

Tennessee Lead

My 24" Mossberg 835 just added the tactical stock. Much more comfortable to hold now. I ordered the 5 shot she'll holder and attached it last night.

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

jwhunter

1. Remington 870 Super Mag

2. Remington 11-87 Special Purpose

turkey buster

[/quote] I wanted to do a DIY camo on this gun about 3 years ago. I have hand painted guns in the past, but I wanted to see how far I could push this project. I decided that since a gun's profile was already very close to a limb, I would use that as a starting point. There are two basic philosophies in camo, either make it look exactly like something already accepted in the environment, or make it look like it generally belongs in an environment and doesn't draw attention to itself. Most camo companies hold to the second idea because it makes it easier to create clothing in random shapes that are still effective. I went with the first philosophy. The bark pattern runs the long axis of the gun the way it does on a limb. The coloring was done sitting next to a tree in my backyard and matches the color found about 2-3 feet from the ground. I also did a little advanced color camouflage with what is know as countershading. Basically it involves making the color darker on the top and lighter underneath. This effectively counteracts the normal effects of shadows and highlights and leaves it unnoticed. It is able to adjust to changing light conditions throughout the day the same way a real limb does.

When hunting with it, I have had several birds within 10 yards that seem to have paid no attention to it at all. I can report that last year one particular 3 year old slipped in on my wrong shooting side (to the right) and spent the rest of his life watching this gun swing 90 degrees onto him. I figured that since limbs are moving in the woods all the time, he might accept that he simply missed seeing the squirrel jump off it. He clearly saw it, but he didn't react to it and that's what I really wanted.
[/quote]

It might be top secret and you rather not say, but what did you use to make it 3D?

Dr Juice