OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

GROUND BLIND???

Started by SKFOOTER, March 29, 2011, 03:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKFOOTER

What is your favorite brand and model ground blind???

sugarray

Double Bull Matrix 360.  Bird has one for sale right now.  Will not go wrong.

1iagobblergetter

I like Ameristeps Intimidator blind. I bought one several years ago just to put out in a good spot in case it started raining while I was hunting then bought another the year after because I liked it so much. This year I  also bought two of Ameristeps Tomtaker blinds. They are lighter weight and will be easier to pack.Both styles are really fast and easy to set up. I prefer to not use them,but like them in open fields,rain, and when I take someone turkey hunting that hasn't been much.

mnangler

I bought a Ameristep Tom Taker blind two years ago and it was the BEST hunting investment I have ever made.  I'm not much of a blind hunter when I'm by myself but with kids its the old way to go. I have used it during youth deer and turkey hunts and now with my 76 year old dad last year during his first turkey season and it works out great to be able to sit together and to minimize noise and movement.  Lots of great blinds on the market but remember you get what you pay for when it comes to hunting blinds.

cannonball

I just got an Ameristep Brickhouse. It seems nice for the money.

Basser69

I use an amerastep tent chair when the kids are with me. It works great when you have a wiggle-worm with you

Galvin900

I have several Ameristep doghouse blinds, they work well but the zippers screw up after awhile. For the money I cant complain though. Before I buy another one I will spend the extra dough and get a Primos double bull unless something better comes out buy then.

SpringFever

I just bought the Primos Dark Horse---all i have say is WOW!!!!!

devin4484

WyoHunter

Whatever you decide to buy make sure it's big enough inside to move around without touching the walls or roof. Also get a comfortable seat to sit on. Small blinds are nice to carry but if you're going to be in it for a while the bigger the better. The size won't bother the birds and you'll be happy you got it.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

SpringFever

I bought the Primos Double Bull Dark Horse. I spent the extra 30 bucks and bought the recurve model. The recurve model is 74" tall in the center where as the standard dark horse is 67" in center. I can fully stand up in this blind. So glad I bought the taller one. The extra foot or so is going to be nice for bowhunting too!

drenalinld

I love the Primos Double Bull Dark Horse. It is deadly for turkeys. If you can part with that much cash, you won't be sorry. Go for the recurve model it is a little bigger and six pounds lighter. You will not be sorry.

Hootowl

I bought a Ground Blind this year, Just because I wanted one and they come in Mighty handi during ML season up here in Indiana, I need to find a Good Chair, Thats been hard to find i do not want a stool.