North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Angled vs. regular mouthpiece.

Started by 762, January 24, 2016, 03:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are your thoughts on angled mouthpieces? I never really thought there would be a big difference but I ran an angled mouthpiece at Unicoi and it seemed like it helped with the seal I got with my lips.  Do any of you guys notice a difference pro or con.

mgm1955

M Sharpe

I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

TrackeySauresRex

I have some bones laying around I'm getting ready to whip up. Nothing like the great artwork you see here. However the ones I've made sound pretty good. I've always used a slight angle just my preference. The two I'm going to make will be flush,filed nice with a dremmel I can't wait to play them.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

boatpaddle

With an angled mouthpiece, it's easier to get a raspier sound....
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: boatpaddle on January 29, 2016, 07:33:12 AM
With an angled mouthpiece, it's easier to get a raspier sound....

^ I like this,this is great to know. Thank you
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

M Sharpe

Buy one of each. That way you can form your own opinion. What works for one doesn't always work for another.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

KPcalls

I've always ran a straight mouth piece. I did build one call with an angle mouth piece for myself and really found no difference in sound. I would say it's a matter of personal preference. The main thing that really turned me off to the angled mouth piece was having to look at the call and find the angle every time I went to use it. That's not something I want to be doing while I'm working a bird.

pappy

In my opinion............LOL.........you can reach the same conclusion by moving the trumpet or wing bone bell up or down, which would mover the mouthpiece tip into or away from your bottom lip...my preferred tip is not angled...I think if you can play yours the way it is, then don't try changing what already works for yo as consistency is the key....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206