OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which Stock?

Started by blueridgegobbler, January 23, 2016, 01:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueridgegobbler

Choate mark 5 or sure shot for Remington 870 super mag special purpose 23 inch barrel??????

Gobble!

It's not one of the choices but I really like my Knoxx stock.

MK M GOBL

Got the Shurshot on my 11-87 and like the setup! A buddy has his set up the same way but has Nikon Turkey Pro scopes on his.

MK M GOBL

Fieldturkey

I've tried all the pistol grip stock and the shurshot is my favorite by a long shot. It's ugly as sin but it just works.

DAk28

Shurshot like field turkey said ugly but works.

dirt road ninja

I've got the m5 on a different gun. It heavy, but so is the shurshot. I'd try the shurshot.

Stumpy225

Have the sure shot on my 870 turkey/predator and love it. Find it helps with the recoil also.

davisd9

No experience  with either but one guy told me he did not like the Shurshot cause branches kept getting caught in it, just food for thought.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

grayfox

I've had the sure shot & it's good. But when I put my 870 to my shoulder with the Magpul stock like the one below I was in love. Only con is it's a little heavy.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2319565670/magpul-stock-sga-adaptable-remington-870-12-gauge-synthetic

davisd9

If 12 ga then this is an option and the one I recommend. It is light and feels great to shoulder and use.

http://www.atigunstocks.com/shotgun-pistol-grip-stock

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer