turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mueller Quick Shot Scope now mounted and ready Picture

Started by mossy835, February 09, 2011, 06:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mossy835

Well the scope is mounted and last night I did the bore sighting (laser unit) for 25 yards. Now I need good weather and some free time to shoot and adjust things. I still need to look for a camo Williams rail mount but that can wait.

[attachment deleted by admin]

sugarray

Looks great!!.  You may want to play with it a little and see if moving it back towards your eye to see if you can get your cheek lower and have a little quicker reticle pickup over the back.

mossy835

I was wondering about that. I will take the alan wrench and my bore laser with me when I get to the pattern board so I can move it and shoot with it more to the rear. I was concerned about being too close for my glasses (focus) but that may not be an issue. Thanks for the tip.
Mike

chatterbox

Ray is right. If you move it closer, the site housing practically dissapears if you shoot it both eyes open.

mossy835

Okay I moved it back one slot in the Williams rail as the next slot would put the scope too far back and hanging off the rail. Maybe I need another type with more slots? I did find some on line that have a lot of slots so more versatile. I took the shot gun out back and threw it up on a couple of Blue Jays and it worked fine with both eyes open so maybe I will be okay if not I will order a new rail. Thanks for the suggestion moving it back did help.
Mike

turkeytromp

Looks good mossy, I think I am going to try one out!

sugarray

Mike,
I have been thinking the same thing.  MB makes a picatinny style rail with many more slots.  I used the model # and searched online and found it about $10 cheaper.

here is the MB link.  This would help get it farther back.  You are using the 417M rail?  That is what I have, and yes you can only put it on the second slot.

http://www.mossberg.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd=action&key=96204&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.exe%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3D%26searchstart%3D0%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates\MossPdgNav\SearchResult.html%26category%3DSIGH

[attachment deleted by admin]

mossy835

Yes the 417M and thanks for the link I think it will make a difference for all to have a better selection of positions on the rail. Still I am excited to try what I have and will most likely order from your link as I can practice and pattern until the new one arrives. Again thanks for the info and link.

Mike

sugarray

Sure looks good Tico.  What reticle to you think you all will hunt with?

mossy835

Looks good aristico did you use a rail mount and if so which one?

CANLIMBHANGAR

do you guys find yourself lifting your head off the stock to look through the mueller   thanks
GO NORTH OR GO HOME!!!

old frank

Yes on my 870 I found myself raising my head slightly. Especially since I use a saddle mount, it may be different if you are drilled and tapped and mounted right to the receiver.

I bought a cheek piece/shell carrier from Sportsman's Guide and put a slight pad under it to act as a raised cheek piece. I can shoot through the Mueller with my cheek firmly on the stock now.

sugarray

Quote from: CANLIMBHANGAR on February 15, 2011, 03:04:57 PM
do you guys find yourself lifting your head off the stock to look through the mueller   thanks

I put a Beartooth comb raising kit on mine and it is really nice now.  Good solid cheek weld now.

Gold Spur

Guy's, those Mueller sights look good. Keep us posted on how you like them.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions