OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg 500 failure

Started by briton, May 03, 2017, 01:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadly

I've not had that problem.  but once my son tried to shoot a bird and the trigger would not pull.  I cycled a round and the second shot fired.  However I think this was because the trigger pull was so hard he did not give it enough pressure.  I bought the 20 ga Mossberg 500 four years ago for my then 6 year old.  I own several shot guns made by 6 different manufactures.  I've always thought Mossberg was a cheaper gun (I do even more now that I bought it) but the youth model was what I needed.  The gun holds the worst patterns of any gun I own and its trigger pull is the worst of any gun I've ever pulled.  I had a gun shop work on the trigger and while its better it still sucks.  Not to run off with your thread but for those that have the 20ga how is your trigger pull? I can't wait until he outgrows the gun so he can shoot one of the others.

thunderbirder

I can imagine your frustration, but my 590A1 with the Redhead Blackout turkey choke consistently produces accurate, tight patterns without a hiccup using Longbeard XR shells.

ilbucksndux

I have had 2 500's that did that. A good cleaning fixes the problem,but that is one of the many reasons I do not like Mossburg shotguns.
Gary Bartlow

maddog3355

Life is to short to hunt with a Mossberg 500. Don't matter how much you polish it is still is a terd. I owned one, while shooting good patterns I couldn't learn to like the rattle.