OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Looking at a new Owl call

Started by MK M GOBL, January 13, 2016, 08:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncturkey

I have three Harrison Hootin Stick Owl Calls. I do not know if they are better than other guys hooters. I have a molded plastic, the Walnut and a Flamed Osage Harrison Callers. My Osage Harrison Hootin Stick is my favorite. All three sound like a real owl. They work in the woods for me. I have heard good thing about the Hoodstooth hooter and Joe Slatons Hooter.

MK M GOBL

So for those of you have the Harrison or Houndstooth, are you able to blow the call with full air pressure. I looked at 6 different calls at work and all of them lock up at the end of the "roll" when I'm doing the laughing call. I have found out for myself this is what I get the best responses from. The call I have now I can call as hard as I can on it and it does not ever lock up.

MK M GOBL

buzzardroost

I got my Houndstooth the other day. I can't blow it with full pressure, it doesn't take as much air as I expected/am used to. However, I believe it's plenty loud enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M Sharpe

I own two of James's calls and have never had any problem with either one. I got mine directly from him. Message him, he goes by owlface on here!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

magnus

Now that you've had some time to mess with the Houndstooth.....what do you think of it versus the Harrison?

Quote from: buzzardroost on January 26, 2016, 12:22:00 PM
I got my Houndstooth the other day. I can't blow it with full pressure, it doesn't take as much air as I expected/am used to. However, I believe it's plenty loud enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sanatorium

Great volume and sound from a cowhorn hooter

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk