OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stacking reeds

Started by ZachH28, January 07, 2016, 05:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZachH28

What do you guys use to stick your reeds together? I have been trying all sorts of things, but have yet to find something that works as well as I would like.

Thanks
Zach

GED6531

I use a pair of Dr. Slick scissors; I use these for making my cuts, so I just use them out of convenience or a pair of tweezers that are sharp/pointed at the end. I just give each corner a couple of taps and it's usually good to go. You will have to apply more pressure and use a harder surface when dealing with proph.

Lonehowl

Yep, I just tack em together using my scissors. Takes like 2 seconds. Doesn't take much to get em to stick together. You need to have a decently solid surface to do it on. Proph to proph  you need hard surface, I use a steel plate to stack on cause it just makes it easy for me.
Mark

TRKYHTR

I use a corn cob holder. It has 2 posts so I get 2 pricks every time. It works great for me.

Joe
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Otdrzman

I sharpened the end of a small round file to a needle point. Its easy to hold on to, stays nice and sharp and picks the paper off of frames with ease. It works really well tacking together latex but with proph I like to tack it together with a 4 in. scratch awl. For me the awl works better when tacking proph because the tip is more blunt than the file and it seems to stay in place better. I have always used a thin flexible\roll up cutting board to tack on. Works really well for me.

Gooserbat

Once up on a time I was a welder.  I use a full piece of 1/8" tungsten electrode.  Expensive but I like the heavier weight.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

mwr

Quote from: TRKYHTR on January 07, 2016, 11:37:12 PM
I use a corn cob holder. It has 2 posts so I get 2 pricks every time. It works great for me.

Joe
Good Idea!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

turkeykiller22

I went down to the local habitat store and picked up a used piece of granite. I stack my reeds on it and then tack them together with a screw. It works great with the hard surface under it.

-Drew
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/