OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Time to work off rust. I love scratchers!

Started by drenalinld, December 30, 2015, 09:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drenalinld

callmakerman

Sounded real good to me. I see dead turkey's

drenalinld

callmakerman

Quote from: drenalinld on December 30, 2015, 10:32:51 PM
Recognize a few?
Yes I do. What are you using for strikers? I really like using the roofing slate striker or ebony.

drenalinld

The slate works great. Ebony, Blackwood, coco, snakewood

mgm1955

Bowguy

Scratch boxes have become a recent addiction for me. I love em too. Watching a video last year of the op made me try. You made it look easy, fun n sound great. Thanks Drenalinld

callmakerman

Scratch boxes rule and is becoming my favorite call.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Sounds good to me David! I have the addiction too.  They will be my go-to calls this year.  That Basehore sounds really good.  Which wood is it?  I have a butternut and a Cedar of his.  I've still got you on my list for you to try one of mine also.  Thanks for kicking up our addiction! 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

SS Calls

It's hard to beat a good scratch box for true turkey sounds.. I remember a guy telling me a few years ago that they're novelty calls. I told him to keep thinkin' that.  ;D

KentuckyHeadhunter

Yes novelty calls!  Let them think it.  All the while we'll be killing turkeys with our novelties.  And you can't find them at Walmart either. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

hunter22

Hard to beat a good scratch box. David can flat run them.

greentag

sounds good,i love that first one you ran if you dont mind me asking what kind was that.i have a ton of calls but only have one scratch box i got off richard shivley at the nashville convention back in 05,i plan to pick up a couple more this year,scratchers sound deadly in someones hands who knows how to play.and you got sure em figured out.

drenalinld

Ahhhh. That first one is as good as it gets. Butternut/Walnut from Scott Basehore. Also his all cedar is just phenomenal!

silverspur

You play them great! I agree on the Basehore all cedar, can't beat it!
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs