turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Building Myself a 20

Started by davisd9, December 17, 2015, 07:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dirt road ninja

Looking good! Pretty easy isn't it. Can't believe it took the two of us this long to try it.

WV Ridge Reaper

Look out now!!! Team Spur Collectors are on the hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisd9

Butt stock came in:

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

surehuntsalot

tuirkey killer starting to take shape, good luck with her
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

davisd9

Got the forearm. It was a bit aggravating to put on without a forearm wrench. I am buying one so I will never have an issue again. Just waiting on the sling stud from Mossberg. Was not one in box so they are mailing one to me at no charge.

Sent from the Strut Zone

chatterbox

Wow, that's sharp!
Great job, Donald! :icon_thumright:
Love the pattern she throws!
If you're u don't mind me asking, what are you into the project for?

davisd9

Mike,
I paid around $250 for the gun.
I had the scope and mount.
Paid around $10 for the rings.
Paid $40 for the Pistol grip but stock.
Paid $34 for the Hogue Fore end.
Paid $27 for the Carlson Extend .575 choke.

So total on the gun was around $360.

Dallen92

I did the same thing this year with the same gun except I wrapped mine in bottomland camo and added the fastfire

davisd9

Quote from: Dallen92 on February 12, 2016, 09:55:58 AM
I did the same thing this year with the same gun except I wrapped mine in bottomland camo and added the fastfire

That the Carlson 575? What ammo are you using? What is your 10" numbers?

Your gun looks great! Have not decided whether I will leave it black, spray it, or dip it, it will be after then season whatever I do if anything.

Sent from the Strut Zone

USMC0331

Looks real good can't wait to try out that TSS as well

Dallen92

Its a .572 undertaker choke.  I always have shot fed hwt 7s out of it and was getting 170 in the 10, but I will be shooting tss this year.

davisd9

Just waiting for March 20th now!

Sent from the Strut Zone

davisd9

Sent from the Strut Zone

BowBendr

Id say that you are ready to rock it brother ! These 20's get plum addictive, got yourself a nice gun Donald !

2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions