turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

20 Ga. BPS choke advice

Started by AC 870, December 12, 2015, 11:06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AC 870

I just picked up a sweet little 20 ga. BPS with Invector Plus. Need advice on a choke tube for it. I'll probably run some heavyweight and some lead so I need a general use tube to produce good killing patterns at 35-40 yds.

R AJ

On the low side the SSX by Truglo, next Carlson's, then Trulock,.

The choke made by Sum Toy will be a little more expensive but do a great job for you.
That is one of my best shooting pattern guns but 40yds is my limit and 30 is my longest desired shot for any gauge.

Federal #7  then Hevi - shot #6 or #7 in HTL

Federal FC #6 copper plated lead or Win Supreme #5 in lead . I also like the older 3" Win Supreme #6 shot that were only available in boxes of 25. Get em close and know your pattern and any of these will do what you want , chokes or shot choices.
If you haven't shot a 20 before the patterns do not look like 3 1/2 " mag #6s in any load. Good luck and be safe.

AC 870

Great advice. Thanks. I've done a little hunting with a single shot fixed choke 20 but I think the bps is going to be a big step up. Most of my turkey hunting has been with 12 ga 870.

CrustyRusty

I have a bps and the hevichoke produced great patterns for me.  I cant recall numbers but do remember I was well over 150 @40.  Possibly as high as the 180's with the federal 7's. Good luck.

TrackeySauresRex

My son has a BPS 20. It has a 28" barrel. It shoots real well. Here is an old lead photo with a swarm choke I beleive.

The second pattern is a Fed 7 pattern, with a flush mount Trulock. This is the choke that he uses now. Unfortunately I do no have any Hevi13 patterns in my photos. IMO,They seem to pattern a wee bit better.

:anim_25:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Bwk

Get a Trulock , they shoot the best in my Browning by far with Fed hw 7. Used that combo far several yrs now.