OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sharpe River Cane Yelper

Started by guesswho, December 05, 2015, 03:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

Took the new call with me today while I was checking my game cameras.  After practicing with it about ten minutes I decided to record myself so I could hear the play back.  I know I need more practice, but I have about three and a half months to work the bugs out.  I need to work on my clucks to get them sharper.  An easy fix I think.  Not sure what I need to do on the yelps.  Maybe hold the front end a tad longer?  Any constructive criticism or advice is welcomed.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Jbird22

Yelps sounded good to me as did the majority of your clucks! I really like the tone of that call!

SS Calls

larry9988

In your opinion you need to work on your clucks, in my opinion your yelps are very good. Record yourself at about 75 yards and I think you will be amazed at how much it sounds like a turkey instead of a turkey call.

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

M Sharpe

Ahhh, just send it back and I'll build you another one..... ;D
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

silverspur

Sound real good. Yelps awesome with great break and role over. You got a great yelper from Mark!
His work is top shelf!
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

Bowguy

guesswho

Quote from: M Sharpe on December 12, 2015, 12:17:56 AM
Ahhh, just send it back and I'll build you another one..... ;D
I'll send it and Skeeter-1 back in the same box.   Yeah, like that's going to happen! ;D
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

savduck

I think it sounds great Ronnie. Mark builds a great little call.
Georgia Boy

Jroddc

:gobble: That thing sounds amazing where can I buy myself one of those?And what do they run price wise?

Bowguy

Quote from: Jroddc on December 19, 2015, 05:49:50 AM
:gobble: That thing sounds amazing where can I buy myself one of those?And what do they run price wise?
What's up Jared? Pm him he's in thread

paboxcall

Sweet, that call sounds awesome.  That will get it done for sure.   :icon_thumright:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

boatpaddle

Ronnie,

Ahhhhhhh, I'd give it about 10-15 mins more practice, then go hunt with it.... :newmascot:

All turkey......!!! Mark is all over it with sound and eye candy looks.... :you_rock:

I'd love to hear that call at a distance....On, my....
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome