turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg 500

Started by 1Longbow, November 22, 2015, 03:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1Longbow

Looking for opinions of the Mossberg 500 turkey gun . I looking for a cheap but reliable shotgun for turkey hunting--Thank you

allaboutshooting

Quote from: 1Longbow on November 22, 2015, 03:09:02 PM
Looking for opinions of the Mossberg 500 turkey gun . I looking for a cheap but reliable shotgun for turkey hunting--Thank you

I've owned several 500s over the years and they are good guns. It's important, before you shoot it, to pull the fire control unit and clean everything inside the receiver. Many times they have been "over lubricated" to protect them while they are in storage and that oil/grease can attract just about everything and become some serious gunk. The same needs to be done to the bore of the barrel.

Every one of the Mossberg guns I own is a real shooter and they have yet to fail me.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

surehuntsalot

been shooting/ hunting with Mossbeg shotguns for 40+ years. never had one to fail me yet.
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

HoosierHills

The first gun I have ever owned was a Mossberg 500, I used it for everything deer, turkey, and duck. I have done nothing but used and abused that gun. It just keeps on ticking. I will have to admit they are not by any means easy on the shoulder. But the only time you will notice is when you are sighting it in. I think you will be happy with the Mossberg 500.
Foot on head.