OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wearing binocs during the hunt

Started by sugarray, February 09, 2011, 04:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyoHunter

I usually carry mine in a pocket in my turkey vest so I'm either scanning with them or they're in the pocket. When I have a bird coming in I don't want anything that can swing and hit my gun. I use a pair of 7x mini Nikons and they work great.   :cowboy:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

jakesdad

I usually pack a pair of compacts I can keep in my vest pocket.Not any huge fields where I hunt so I dont need a lot of glass,just enuff to decide if its a stump or turkey or to see how many of what may be in a small group.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

PANYHunter

I use a pair of compacts.  They get tucked in my vest when I'm not using them.  If I am using my full size they are on a harness that keeps them close to my body.

Duke0002

I carry a monocular in my vest pocket.  Has always worked for me.

bowhunter32

hunting round here they are a MUST!!hunt vast areas of wide open terrain...try to spot them fore they c u!! :z-guntootsmiley:

Hoosierhunter

I use a pair of compacts.  They are tucked in my coat  if I am not using them at that time

TRKYHTR

I always carry my binos while I am turkey hunting.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

TnTurk

Quote from: Muskie03 on February 09, 2011, 07:51:45 PM
I use a Crooked Horn harness. I like the harness because my binos are always ready to use.
Same here as well. Out of the way and always available.

hunts4ever

MY BINOCULARS ARE MY BEST WEAPON. I NEVER LEAVE WITHOUT THEM. ONCE MY BIRD IS COMING IN I DONT USE THEM BUT TO SCAN FIELDS AND OPEN WOODS THE ARE INVALUABLE ESPECIALLY TO SOMEONE THATS NEAR SIGHTED LIKE ME. THE NUMBER ONE REASON I USE THEM IS TO SEE BIRDS ON THE ROOST. AS LONG AS THERE'S SOME LIGHT YOU CAN SEE ROOSTED BIRDS. I CAN POSITION MYSELF PERFECTLY IN THE DARK AND GET MUCH CLOSER BY USING THEM. MOST PEOPLE KNOW THAT TURKEYS PREFER CERTAIN TREES TO ROOST IN IN YOUR AREA. YOU CAN ELIMINATE CERTAIN SPOTS IN THE DARK BY CHECKING THEM WITH BINOCULARS AS YOU SNEAK IN. THINK IM CRAZY? TRY IT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. GOOD LUCK!

hookedspur

I use a harness but I carry a leupod range finder thats 8x mag.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions