OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wearing binocs during the hunt

Started by sugarray, February 09, 2011, 04:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugarray

How many leave them hanging when a bird is coming in?  I worry about the glare, so when I sit down, they are beside of me.

earlybird

I always have mine hanging around my neck.Last year in KY i was watching a big bird about 100yds out in a field when he just took off running for the woods.I was'nt sure what happened but glanced up and the sun was shining right in my face.I moved around the field and killed him later that afternoon.

cahaba

I have a Bushnell harness. They are inexpensive but effective. I like the Bushnell best of all the harnesses. Keeps your binos nice and tight. They are hidden by my vest.

maustypsu

Quote from: cahaba on February 09, 2011, 07:10:29 PM
I have a Bushnell harness. They are inexpensive but effective. I like the Bushnell best of all the harnesses. Keeps your binos nice and tight. They are hidden by my vest.

I use a harness too.  It keeps them vertical to my body and I've had birds within 10 feet many times on sunny days.  Of course I try to set up with the sun in my favor.  But I worry more about blinking my eyes than my binos.

Muskie03

I use a Crooked Horn harness. I like the harness because my binos are always ready to use.
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

paintbrush

Quote from: Muskie03 on February 09, 2011, 07:51:45 PM
I use a Crooked Horn harness. I like the harness because my binos are always ready to use.
Same here!

vaturkey

Quote from: paintbrush on February 09, 2011, 08:15:07 PM
Quote from: Muskie03 on February 09, 2011, 07:51:45 PM
Same here!

Same Here, I like the CROOKED HORN HARNESS  !! :newmascot:
Vaturkey

sugarray

I'm going to swap the harness off my range finder this year, don't use it much and it can just be there, not hanging from my neck too.

hobbes

I'm always wearing my binocs on a harness.

Boparks

I'll either put em on the ground or I slip them over to the left side under my vest where they can't swing or send mirror flash signals to the bird

coachmitchel

Have mineon a harness from cabelas.  Came free with bino's.  Keep them nice and tight to the body.

neal

On a harness wouldn't want to set the Swarovski's  down and forget them like I have with everything else!!
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

papabuzzard

I wouldn't want to leave my binocs on the ground for fear that I will forget them in the event of a kill.  I wear mine around my neck with a leather strap and keep the binocs tucked inside my jacket when not in use.

socalturkeyman

Quote from: coachmitchel on February 10, 2011, 01:17:04 AM
Have mineon a harness from cabelas.  Came free with bino's.  Keep them nice and tight to the body.

I always have mine nice and tight to the body. Its a must where I hunt to have glass,but I also use a compact pair as to reduce weight. And Ray once you get use to guessing distance just leave the range finder at home and use your decoys as range estimates works just as well. remember that shotgun shooting isn't like a rifle where you have to have a well placed shot for a kill.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

timbrhuntr