turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lonnie Mabry Shop Visit

Started by Yelper, September 12, 2015, 05:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yelper

I had the pleasure of meeting with Lonnie this morning for almost 4 hours and taking time to talk turkey and play many of his calls. I personally bought 3 short box calls, 2 long boxes, 2 scratch boxes and 1 slate pot call. If you get the chance to stop by and talk with Lonnie, plan to have some time to listen to his stories and play the many calls he has in the shop. It was a trip well worth my time to visit with him.
I bought a few extra calls, if anyone is interested shoot me a PM.
Yelper

These are the ones I brought back with me.

callmakerman

Some fine calls for sure and one of the cleanest shops I have ever seen. Nothing like my shop that's for sure. :TooFunny:

hunter22

Awesome looking bunch of calls and what a shop. I sure would love to visit him sometime.

REBELYELL

Looks like a great trip. Lonnie is good people.

:icon_thumright:

Yelper

All of the extra calls are sold.

mgm1955

Sounds like a fantastic visit!! Congrats on some great calls!!

KentuckyHeadhunter

I was there just yesterday and he mentioned you coming.  Glad you had a good visit.  Lonnie can talk turkey.  I'm sure some fellow members will scoop up your extra calls quickly.  You made a worthy visit indeed.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

packmule

Amazing shop and selection of calls!

outdoors

:icon_thumright:    :icon_thumright:

THAT LOOKS LIKE THAT COULD BE HIS SOUND ROOM
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Yelper

I will be going back to visit Lonnie. I just didn't have enough time to hear all the turkey stories. Always thought I had enough turkey calls until I walk into a room full of them and start playing with them, Well you know the rest of the story, you end up leaving with more calls. Can't ever get enough I guess.

Yelper

M Sharpe

Quote from: hunter22 on September 12, 2015, 06:03:45 PM
Awesome looking bunch of calls and what a shop. I sure would love to visit him sometime.

Hey Rickey, on your way to Unicoi next year, you should schedule in a visit. He's not that far from there!

Good looking batch of calls! Never heard anything but good about his calls!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

hunter22

Quote from: M Sharpe on September 14, 2015, 08:44:34 AM
Quote from: hunter22 on September 12, 2015, 06:03:45 PM

Hey Rickey, on your way to Unicoi next year, you should schedule in a visit. He's not that far from there!

Good looking batch of calls! Never heard anything but good about his calls!

That sounds like a great plan Mark. I will be like a kid in a candy store. I was fortunate to buy a couple of the calls that Terry had.

Yelper

Glad I was able to get a few of you a couple of calls. Wish I could go get many more for those who are not able to go see Lonnie.

Thanks,

Yelper

Scott Hock

Just got my calls from Terry today and all I can say is WOW! These are the first Mabry calls I've purchased and the man can flat out make a turkey call. They are some of the best I own. I bought a couple of slates that really have a unique sound to them. I can only describe it as a nasal- throaty rasp. Awesome sound! Also got a couple of box calls that are flat out awesome. They are all turkey killers! Terry was also awesome to deal with a real class act. Thanks again Terry. I will be going to see Lonnie soon!
Scott

KentuckyHeadhunter

Scott that was a great review and I'm glad you are now a proud owner.  Now you see what all the fuss is about.  If you have one of his slate pots try playing it WITH the grain of the pot on either end.  His soundboards run parallel to the pot so you get that extra rollover and rasp. You absolutely must make the trip. He likes the visit and sharing what he knows.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion