OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Two sided pot call

Started by larry9988, August 31, 2015, 08:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larry9988

Who makes the best sounding two sided pot call?

REBELYELL

Ed Jenkins makes a good one.

scoot12

Jody nailed it,  I have an osage glass over slate from Ed that is great and he is making an osage aluminum over slate as we speak. 

grayfox

Tough question. Really depends on what you are looking for such as aluminum/slate, glass/slate or other combination. Lots of good ones to choose from. My favorite aluminum/slate is made by Ricky Padgett of Spring Allure Custom Calls. My favorite glass/slate is a Robert Brothers wormy chestnut. Gary of Magnolia Calls makes a great two-sider & so does (Pappy)Jack Lewis. There are many others also & I'm sure other members will give some of their favorites. I also like Enticer Calls with the corian pots. They make sweet low yelps & purrs on the back of the corian pots. Probably will get hounded for saying this but the Commando Pro Staff Limited Edition Glass/Slate call sounds great even though it's a production call. Called in two longbeards at one time with it last year. Lots of good ones out there. Good luck with your choice.

Jgarrett

Yes, that Roberts Brothers wormy chestnut with a purpleheart striker is hard to beat.  I can't speak to Ed Jenkins, because I don't own one yet, but I hear his calls are fantastic.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

silverspur

Ed Jenkins makes a awesome two sider, heard plenty of his in Nashville this past year and you cant go wrong with it!
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

outdoors

I HAVE ONLY ONE AND ITS A CERAMIC /SLATE FROM Jack Lewis. VERY HAPPY WITH IT
SOMETIMES I WISH I HAD DIFFERANT ONES  ,, GOOD TO HAVE THE VERSATILITY 
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Jgarrett

I also have a black locust two sider with a wenge striker that I ordered for "mspaci" on here that I think sounds as good as pretty much any other 2 side call that I own.  He is very reasonable as well.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

KentuckyHeadhunter

I like Roberts Bros also.  Even the green hunter model. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

larry9988

Thanks for all of the replies so far. Keep the opinions coming.   Larry

Jgarrett

John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

mgm1955

Quote from: silverspur on September 01, 2015, 07:40:21 AM
Ed Jenkins makes a awesome two sider, heard plenty of his in Nashville this past year and you cant go wrong with it!
X2

outdoors

WELL I HAVE ONE ON ORDER FROM ED   :icon_thumright:

SOME OF THESE TOPICS GET THE BEST OF ME   :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Jgarrett

Quote from: scoot12 on August 31, 2015, 09:32:41 PM
Jody nailed it,  I have an osage glass over slate from Ed that is great and he is making an osage aluminum over slate as we speak.

Just ordered the osage glass over slate....looking forward to it Scoot
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

REBELYELL

Quote from: scoot12 on August 31, 2015, 09:32:41 PM

I heard Scoot's new Osage aluminum over slate from Ed and it sounds awesome.