turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pot call blanks

Started by SS Calls, August 20, 2015, 03:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SS Calls

Needed a break from building box calls, so we decided to cut out some pot call blanks today. It was a nice change up.

letinmfly

Future turkey killers right there!!  Looking forward to seeing those Padauk pots done!!  :jackson:
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

KentuckyHeadhunter

Man that's like when bacon hits the frying pan and you can smell it but you can't eat it yet!  Love the spalting on those. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

mastevt

Sweet looking batch right there!  I always love seeing how others do things I do,  but differently. 

SS Calls

Quote from: mastevt on August 23, 2015, 11:49:24 AM
Sweet looking batch right there!  I always love seeing how others do things I do,  but differently.

Yea, everyone has different ways of doing things. I don't have a bandsaw, so I do a lot of work on the chop saw. A bandsaw is next on my list of tools for sure.

mastevt

Quote from: SS Calls on August 23, 2015, 12:14:53 PM
Quote from: mastevt on August 23, 2015, 11:49:24 AM

Yea, everyone has different ways of doing things. I don't have a bandsaw, so I do a lot of work on the chop saw. A bandsaw is next on my list of tools for sure.

I cut my blanks using a 4" hole saw.  I mill them out with my router.

outdoors

YUP A DRILL PRESS AND YOUR SIZE FOR A HOLE SAW.  :icon_thumright:   :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

SS Calls

Thanks guys, I've got a 4" hole saw. May give it a try again sometime.