Let's See Your Favorite Long Boxes

Started by Spring Creek Calls, August 19, 2015, 02:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Augusta

Quote from: callmakerman on August 20, 2015, 10:23:10 PM
The call was built by my friend Ed Terefencko

I'm somewhere on his list.  :TooFunny: 
Might be a while. 
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

callmakerman

Yeah he's still trying to finish up the shop in the new house. He hasn't built any calls since late winter and I know he's itching to get back at it.

MahoganyMann

My favorite call i've made!! I started this call with a SOLID black as coal 2x2 blank of walnut that I've been sitting on for about 6 months. All was going good until I made the second pass on my table saw, and cut in the right side.. I was so disappointed.... I almost chunked it on the trash bucket.. Then I thought. just work it for "practice" and make a call. Practice, practice, practice.....If things go south .. what have I really lost?? A friend of my said "Sound, Sound, Sound".. I told him if it looks like a polished bear dropping, no one would want it even it sounded good.. (Well we all know that isn't true because Ive seen some "CRAZY" stuff.)  So here was my chance to work on my tuning and see if I could polish a turd!

Well.. listen to the sound file and give me some feed back.. I believe the right side is killer.. and left is slightly higher "Young Hen".. so... let me know and I appreciate all the input.

http://soundcloud.com/steve-brown-261/ebonized-black-walnut-with-a-1

Facebook pic's.. more pictures and detail.... 
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.728414637292090.1073741837.100003706813386&type=3

Streaked Walnut Paddle call w/ MORA lid
I wish I could keep them all but I'm running out of shelves.. SHE'S GONE to Alabama
Steve... A.K.A MahoganyMann