OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Let's See Your Favorite Long Boxes

Started by Spring Creek Calls, August 19, 2015, 02:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgm1955

Quote from: callmakerman on August 20, 2015, 06:19:49 AM
Quote from: West Augusta on August 19, 2015, 10:04:17 PM
That is one beautiful long box Bill.  What's the wood?
Curly koa and figured Asian ironwood
That's a real beauty Bill!!

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: Gut_Pile on August 19, 2015, 10:58:01 PM

I'll keep this box as long as I live. I have others that look better, and sound better too, but nothing can replace this one

First call my dad ever built in 1994. It has killed a few birds and I try to hunt with is at least one time a year.

Is it me or did you have to reattach his head?
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Brantleyville

Very Nice looking call Bill. Is this one that you built?

Quote from: callmakerman on August 19, 2015, 09:43:33 PM
She's not only real nice to look at but this call is second to none when it comes to sound. Love this caller. Made by Ed Terefencko

callmakerman

The call was built by my friend Ed Terefencko

nitro

Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on August 20, 2015, 05:35:30 PM
Quote from: Gut_Pile on August 19, 2015, 10:58:01 PM

I'll keep this box as long as I live. I have others that look better, and sound better too, but nothing can replace this one

First call my dad ever built in 1994. It has killed a few birds and I try to hunt with is at least one time a year.

Is it me or did you have to reattach his head?

Nah, It is just chewed up a little. ;D  I was sitting right beside Will to watch that bird (his first Merriam's) come about 200 yards up the side of a mountain.. Strutted every step. I have killed my share of Longbeards, but that one is a hell of a memory. We have done the same hunt three years running now. Hope to continue it until I can't climb anymore. Great call his Dad built.. Don't be fooled. It has hens galore inside.
Royal Slam 2008

nitro

Gorgeous paddle call.. :icon_thumright:

Quote from: callmakerman on August 19, 2015, 09:43:33 PM
She's not only real nice to look at but this call is second to none when it comes to sound. Love this caller. Made by Ed Terefencko
Royal Slam 2008

KellyP

These are my favorite longboxes. Because when I decided to take a leap and go on my own doing custom artwork on turkey calls last November I posted a few pics of work and you guys left nice comments and gave me confidence. Not having confidence in my work is why it took so long for me to do this(late 40's). Mike seen something in my work and had faith in me and helped a lot to get me started. When Jeff, one of the best callmakers there is, believed in me enough to do these collaboration calls for Nashville I was overwhelmed. Not to mention very nervous! We had only a week or two to get something done so I gave it my best shot. Taking 3rd and 4th place in Nashville was so awesome! I got into a great bunch of people on these forums and in the world of callmakers. When my sister was diagnosed with cancer so many generously donated calls to help raise funds for her.I didn't even need to ask for the help, it just came from the heart of a bunch of great guys and has helped her tremendously. I am enjoying doing this work and have met so many great people I call friends. Can't wait to actually meet most of you in Unicoi. Thanks so much for everything!

mgm1955

That was an awesome coming out party for you Kelly. Fabulous work. I enjoy them more every time I see them.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Kelly your work always astonishes me and is a huge bonus on ANY call regardless of maker.  Thanks for sharing these.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

SS Calls

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on August 22, 2015, 05:16:24 PM
Kelly your work always astonishes me and is a huge bonus on ANY call regardless of maker.  Thanks for sharing these.

For sure!! :icon_thumright:

Spring Creek Calls

The combination of Kelly's woodburning and Jeff's call making is top notch, to say the least!
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

greencop01

For my  :z-twocents: worth I have a Marlin Watkins butternut under bloodwood and a Ralph Snodgrass butternut under red cedar. Both have some hens in 'em. I use Marlin's more often than not. Norm
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

jmck

Kelly, we as turkey hunting enthusiasts are the lucky ones that Mike got you introduced into this brotherhood so to speak. Your talent amaizes me with every new work you lay your hands on. I know all the makers you have done work for cherish your talent also.
The greatest thing about this hobby, is seeing the excitement folks feel when they get into the hobby.
Your talent and drive will take you along way as you are truly one gifted artist.
Cant wait to see your next masterpiece........

KentuckyHeadhunter

Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

CMBOSTC

This is my favorite call that I hunt with. I made it from Sapele over Mahogany.

Chris
Gobble, Gobble... "BOOM"!