turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Harold Fowler Strikers

Started by Bowguy, August 10, 2015, 06:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

How many guys run em? What's your favorite on different surfaces? I plan on adding more, the tulipwood and Snakewood two piece are definitely keepers in my book. What do you guys like? See how easy that was Lou?

Jbird22

I only have two that I bought in the classifieds here last year but the Hickory/Snakewood and Osage/Purpleheart will run on just about anything I have. Top notch strikers as far as I'm concerned!

West Augusta

Harold makes an excellent striker no matter what the wood is.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

mgm1955

Bowguy

I agree they're great but what're your favorite combos

Mobeardhunter

Do you guys like the multiple piece over the one piece? If so why? Been looking at his strikers but haven't decided what I want yet.

Brantleyville

Very nice and knowledgeable man to talk with. Red Brazilian Chestnut, Brazilian Ebony, Dymondwood & Purpleheart are hard to beat.

bowbird87

Ive got 10 right now, they are my favorite strikers. My favorites are the 2 pc apitong, Purple Heart and 2 pc Osage/snakewood.

REBELYELL

I got about 30 of his strikers and these are a few of my favorites.

Bloodwood
Ipe
Katalox
Burmese Blackwood
Honduran Rosewood
Black Locust
Kingwood
Dymondwood
Wingbone

packmule

I have quite a few and they are all really good.  The one I use most is a simple 1 piece canarywood striker though, runs great on my glass and slate surfaces.

Triple B

Quote from: REBELYELL on August 11, 2015, 12:56:48 AM
I got about 30 of his strikers and these are a few of my favorites.

Bloodwood
Ipe
Katalox
Burmese Blackwood
Honduran Rosewood
Black Locust
Kingwood
Dymondwood
Wingbone
Those are all good ones.That wingbone is as good as any.All his strikers are good,but I like the one piece myself.They all will run the fire on any surface.

West Augusta

Quote from: Bowguy on August 10, 2015, 08:45:17 PM
I agree they're great but what're your favorite combos

I like his Bloodwood and I got a fiberglass \ corncob striker from him that I use in the rain.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.