OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Brad Roberts Ceramic

Started by Onpoint, July 29, 2015, 04:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onpoint

As all of ya'll know, I'm really partial to Brads calls. Most of you also know that I am very fond of good ceramic calls. My go to ceramics have been a Gary Anderson padauk and a Stumpy made out of cherry.

This walnut ceramic brad made me almost mirrors thr way a Gary anderson ceramic does, but has a little more rasp. One reason I like Mr. Andersons ceramics so much is because how versatile they are. You can literally play them ANY WHERE on the surface and go from a young hen to an old hen, clear to raspy. Most of the time when hunting garys ceramic I will actually run it in the middle of the call. This gives a good clear yelp, and finishes with just a Slight realistic rasp on the end. You can also cup the bottom of the call and get a more nasally rasp out of it.

Brads ceramic is the same way. It will run on the edge as well as smack dab in the center. Very impressed with this call.  I'll work a soundfile up for ya'll later on.

Triple B

He told me he made you one,and it turned out really good.I'm mot a big ceramic fan,but you got a good one there.

Onpoint

Quote from: Triple B on July 29, 2015, 04:42:35 PM
He told me he made you one,and it turned out really good.I'm mot a big ceramic fan,but you got a good one there.
Did you get to hear it

Prohunter3509

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Onpoint

Triple B

Quote from: Onpoint on July 29, 2015, 05:55:49 PM
Quote from: Triple B on July 29, 2015, 04:42:35 PM
Did you get to hear it
He was matching strikers to it,when I talked with him on the phone one evening.