OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What am I missing?

Started by TauntoHawk, June 17, 2015, 08:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitro

Custom ordered by John Dangerfield. Cocus wood - unreal pieces of Cocus. Billy made John real happy with these... 6" , 5.5" and a superb rifle shell wingbone..
Royal Slam 2008

nitro

Missouri Osage fence post calls.... set for a family - gifts from Father to children.
Royal Slam 2008

nitro

Work in progress - some killer Ironwood. Ivory cap...
Royal Slam 2008

nitro

Some of the inventory... Call Billy if interested. He has some marvelous calls for sale.
Royal Slam 2008

nitro

Happy group. We learned a bunch of callmaking history yesterday. Great way to spend a Saturday.
Royal Slam 2008

Rapscallion Vermilion

I would love to make the trek to his shop.  Thanks for posting the pics.  Beautiful calls.  That ironwood is going to be a knockout.  Anybody's name on it?

nitro

Quote from: Rapscallion Vermilion on June 21, 2015, 10:59:25 AM
I would love to make the trek to his shop.  Thanks for posting the pics.  Beautiful calls.  That ironwood is going to be a knockout.  Anybody's name on it?

Custom pre-order,  and it is sold. Billy didn't have any Ironwood calls on hand yesterday.
Royal Slam 2008

KPcalls

That's some beautiful woods...Sure yall were like kids in a candy store...and probably all left with sore lips... ;D 

crow

Quote from: nitro on June 21, 2015, 10:01:36 AM
Mr. Billy playing his favorite hunting call..

He told me one time on the phone he likes a wing bone mouthpiece for his trumpet, does it go directly into the trumpet, or does it go into a delrin mouthpiece which goes into the trumpet?

nitro

Billy's #1 hunting call is an old Osage trumpet with his interchangeable MPs. He has a lanyard with 4 or 5 different ones attached. None are made from a wingbone.

His rifleshell wingbone calls are just that- a wing bone permanently glued into a rifleshell that is attached to the body of the trumpet.
Royal Slam 2008

ol bob

All of Billys personal trumpets have a mouthpiece made like a wing bone

nitro

If by "like a wing bone" you mean that they are flat tipped MPs, then yes they are shaped like a wingbone.

Quote from: ol bob on June 21, 2015, 09:10:56 PM
Royal Slam 2008

Big Timber

I really enjoy talking to Mr. Buice on the phone, a super nice guy!

ol bob

Quote from: nitro on June 21, 2015, 10:04:28 PM
If by "like a wing bone" you mean that they are flat tipped MPs, then yes they are shaped like a wingbone.

Quote from: ol bob on June 21, 2015, 09:10:56 PM
Thats what I was talking about he can play a round mouth piece but he don't like them
[/                  quot