Main Menu

Looking for loudest call known to man

Started by Terry, June 05, 2015, 08:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

outdoors

YUP A TRUMPET HAS MY VOTE ......  :icon_thumright:   :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

jepcho

Quote from: Bowguy on June 05, 2015, 09:37:57 PM
My ex wife was loud n always clucking. You want a sound file?
Too funny! My wife doesn't get why I'm still laughing at this, but that's funny right there!

hunter62

this is one of my Rd Hen longboxes you can crank it up and turn it down .I made this call to reach out

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,54649.0.html

M Sharpe

That's fine Chuck, but it still will not outreach a trumpet or wingbone!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

hunter62

Quote from: M Sharpe on June 06, 2015, 05:41:39 PM
That's fine Chuck, but it still will not outreach a trumpet or wingbone!

I know the difference and how turkeys and turkey calls sound at a distance  your right

Gawhitaker

As far as what a turkey can hear and you can't due to frequency it would be either a wing bone or trumpet.

Yep

870camomagnum

I'd have to agree with the LOFTIS Crystal Screamer, it is a true turkey sounding call that plays soft or will crank up the volume loud & clear! Its always in my vest every hunt I go on.

RaspyD

How much are you willing to pay for the loudest call known to man?  I have one that I've been carrying for years and played two of the newer models last week.  It is hurt your ears loud and is all turkey.  A few veteran turkey hunters have commented that it is the best call they have ever heard.  It's a box call made by a gentleman in Pa. who does not advertise and only makes 25-30 a year.  I've never seen this call mentioned on here and those that have them are reluctant to reveal where the call came from, but they aren't cheap.
Perfection Turkey Calls

Gooserbat

I agree with the trumpet and wingbone being the farthest reaching calls.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.