OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

fast Fire

Started by 1tiogabowhunter, June 03, 2015, 12:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1tiogabowhunter

What is the major difference between the fast fire 2 and fast fire 3?

Thanks

sixbird

Main difference is that FF III doesn't require removal of sight to change batteries. No need to rezero sight after battery change...

mote1977

This is copied from another site:
Choose from two models —the FastFire II with its 4 MOA dot, or the new FastFire III with 3 MOA or 8 MOA dots. The FastFire III offers upgraded features such as windage and elevation adjustments that don't require a special tool; a convenient power button with three levels of brightness and an automatic brightness setting and battery access on the top of the sight making it easier to change batteries. We've also added a low battery warning indicator and see-through protective cap. 8 hour automatic shut off. FastFire III is not compatible wih the AR-F3 FastFire Mount (410348) or the Picatinny Protector Mount (410330).

TauntoHawk

I love the II but all the things I wish it had are the exact changes they made for the III.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

hunter22

I have used a FF II for a few years. I just completed my 3rd year with the battery in mine. I hunted 5 states this spring so it gets used a lot. I really like the way it holds its zero and the 4 moa dot. I have thought about going to the FF III but ask myself why. If I were buying a new Fastfire it would be the III with the 3 moa dot. 

1tiogabowhunter

Thanks, I had a buddy that had his battery go dead on him right before the moment of truth this spring.  He had not changed it in two years.   I also had a heck of a time with the FFII in the rain.  The dot was so blurred that you could not have shot accurately.  That being said I love the FFII.  It is the best sight for turkey hunting out there!  But want am always looking for an upgrade :)

Thanks

sixbird

I had forgotten those other features. I did run out of battery this year. It had pretty close to 200 hrs. on that battery. The nice thing is, it started blinking one day to warn of low battery. I think it would have given me a few hrs. of power after it started blinking. As it was, I had a spare battery and changed it after about an hr. of blinking. I LOVE that thing. With these tight patterns coming out of Longbeard ammo, it's a godsend up close!