OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone remember this hevi shot?

Started by turkey_slayer, February 09, 2011, 02:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey_slayer

I bought these when hevi-shot first came out.  I never seen much info on them and was wondering if anyone else had any.  I cant remember if the 1 3/4 oz were out yet.

runngun

I believe what you have there is referred to as the "old white" by several old timers on this site. I have never shot them but remember reading about how good they shot. I think some of those post were by allaboutshooting. I bet he could give you some choke advise for those shells. Givem a shot and let us know how they shoot in your gun. I bet they'll be good turkey medicine.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Gobble!

If Im correct you may have one of the best shells out there. the #6s that is

but the shells im thinking of might be 1.75oz im not sure

turkey_slayer

Yes the white 1 3/4 oz are the ones everyone talk so good about.  I might just email EM to get some info on these.  They were a small company when my uncle got these.  He bought 2 cases of them straight through the factory.

shootumindaface

They came out the first year and I saw a small add in turkey and turkey hunting I believe.. It is the same year that the original old white came out.. What we refer to "Old White" is not really the first old white shell by EM.. The original old white was actually a 2 3/4 1 5/8 oz load of 12 /cc shot..

The shells in the above picture came out the same year I believe and were actually I high velocity load..

I have some of the original old white 2 3/4 inch load I will post pics of some time

yella yelper

Buy every box you can find!!  A local sporting goods store had some (conveniently as I ran out) and the retard labeled it as Federal Lead shot. So I got 4 or 5 boxes of the best non-nitro loads for pretty cheap. No, they aren't for sale!