Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

winchester long beards or benelli super black eagle causeing me trouble?

Started by turkeyhunter91, May 05, 2015, 07:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeyhunter91

This is the last week of season here in ky and I have been using my benelli super black eagle. Well yesterday morning I had 2 toms come in, well I missed him and was standing there picking up my decoys and everything else and I looked down at my gun and I noticed my bolt was stuck back and there was a little bit of the hull showing. Well I had to work on it to get the shell out and when it finally did come out I noticed the lil plastic cap at the end of the shell was gone and there was some of the shot and reasen down in the gun and the bolt wasn't closed. Well the bolt wouldn't close unless you pushed it closed.so I left when there was 2 other birds I would have liked to have went after. last night I tore the gun apart and cleaned it good and had working a little better but it still wasn't exactly perfect.well this morning i went out and had 3 toms come in and the strutter was about 30 yards away and I pull the trigger, snap so I pull the bolt back and let it go, snap again, well I did it again and of corse it snapped. Well I made it home and I thought maybe it was the firing pin so I have to gun apart and the firing pin is coming through really easy when you push on it and the hammer is working so we took the bolt apart and now it will shoot a low brass but it is still not working right..I know I had a perfectly fine working gun before that shell came apart and now i might as well have a stick. Have any one else had a problem with the cap coming off and the stuff pouring out into the gun. I am just wondering if that shell pouring out in the gun caused all of this trouble or if it was something in the gun. Im almost afraid to take the gun the rest of the season. Sorry for the long rant.

taylorjones20

You may have already done it, but it sounds like it needs a thorough cleaning to remove all of the stuff that came out of the shell.  That would include taking the action/recoil spring out of the butt stock and clean it as well.  A buddy of mine had some nitros do that in his gun.  Needed a real good cleaning.  Don't skimp on anything, get all of that junk out of it.

Hope that helps...
Alive only by the Grace Of God

SumToy

I had a customer have the same problem.  Said A5 and SBEII was doing it for him.  I think recoil is doing it to the ones in the mag. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Roost 1

I would take my bolt assembly completely apart and make sure everything is as it should be.

Ralph-NY

turkeyhunter91

Well it happened again. This time I decided to shoot the gun to make sure it would cycle everything,  so I put 2 longbeards in the magazine and shoot a 2 3/4 game load. I look down and see the bolt partially open. This time only about half of the cap broke out. Well the bolt was stuck back and it wouldn't close even after the shell came out. Well I turned the gun up and finally something fell out and allowed the bolt to close. So now I am gonna have to take the gun completely back apart to clean the gunk out of it again. I think I am done putting longbeards in the magazine of my benelli.

taylorjones20

Sounds like a bad batch of shells if they are coming apart like that...  I haven't any problems with them in my SBE2...
Alive only by the Grace Of God

beagler

Quote from: taylorjones20 on May 07, 2015, 06:00:54 PM
Sounds like a bad batch of shells if they are coming apart like that...  I haven't any problems with them in my SBE2...
X2
Never Misses

spursRus

I bout a new box yesterday and two of them had the end caps busted and there were bbs rolling around in the box.

yella yelper

I went to the plug this week using that combination with no problems and good results!  :z-guntootsmiley:

Strick9

You need to post a picture of what you are saying cap of shell hangin out etc. The SBEII is a very simple mechanism . Its either the shell or you are missing something , possibly a bent bolt tail or a bent butt stock spring, or broken ejector.. Its there you just have to find whats wrong.. Also look in the action itself , you should see a spring in the side and a little screw..
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

Bad batch of shells,I would send the pictures to Winchester and see what they say.

owlhoot

Dang!  That is going to take a bit more than candle wax or super glue to fix.

turkeyhunter91

I emailed winchester last tuesday and they have yet to write me back.