Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Pa 2015 Opening Morning Goodluck,!

Started by Thunderbolt, May 01, 2015, 09:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunderbolt

Well our season starts tomorrow...im headed out with the Ten Pt xbow and a new turkey Hunter..I got 3 gobblers located and the blind is set....Goodluck be safe out there.

Drthorn

zelmo1

Thunderbolt

Well it didn't happen,perfect morning no wind..sunny.birds just weren't gobbling,but we manage to stay out to closing time.im hitting the spot Monday and Fri of this week maybe ill have some better results.Rusty

Thunderbolt

Well this is how it started...reach the blind at 6:15AM..im set in... no gobbling until 7:30..i hear this long beard about 400+ yards behined me..across the road..I give him a few yelps back and he answers me..and this went on for 30 mins ,I'm thinking he must be still sitting on the roost..so..i shutup for 30 mins and just listen nothing.....now its 8:30am..i let out some soft yelps...Goooooooble!! i'm thinking he's cut the distance down...all a sudden i have 1,2,3 nooo 5 jakes hammering at me...the long beard is set behined me and see's my decoys and starts strutting...and then here come the group of jakes their comming in fast all 5 and there goes my long beard running the other way..i'm thinking are you kidding me..anyways...for running off my LB...one of them got the ride home and i filled my first Tag...and going after him on Friday...so it was a pretty good morning after hearing nothing the first day..Rusty

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g189/honkers19001/DSCF0459_zpsqxt9ypzo.jpg

Drthorn

that will show him. congrats. sounds like an exciting hunt.

tjohn07

I had a group of jakes do the same thing to me Saturday. If I had more than one tag one would have made the ride with me. Instead I just ran them off.

Thunderbolt

I ll be hitting a spot on Friday hopeing to pull that rope swinger to my crossbow....birds have been really active during late morning....so im excited to get back in the woods..Rusty

Thunderbolt

Well im still in the game....we have 2 weeks left in the season....ive been out alot...birds have shut down the last 2 times out.....I know their there....just not talking.....I'll be hitting them here in Pa on Fri&Sat.im not giving up..!Rusty

Thunderbolt

Well I almost filled my second tag this morning...but the neighbor decided to start cutting wood at 6:45  in the morning and driving his truck down the middle of the powerlines as 3 gobblers are approaching my setup....well it didn't happen today..but I had a great time taking friends out and making new ones..my season is over in Pa 2015.Rusty

jepcho

That's a bummer man, but glad you had a fun season. I hate the end of season, and it's the fun memories that get me through to the next year more than the kills themselves