turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2 in and 3 out

Started by FullChoke, May 01, 2015, 02:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Tomorrow morning is the opener for the Great State of Pennsylvania and that means Xarcher and MightyJoeYoung probably won't be getting much sleep tonight. These two guys are turkey annihilators.Good luck gentlemen and stay safe.

On another front, Surehuntsalot, Eric Gregg and myself will be putting our toys away this evening as the Mississippi season ends tonight. None of us were able to connect with our target species and take the walk of shame associated with it. I hunted with Surehuntsalot one Saturday and found out too late that when I bumped my site getting in a cart it knocked it waaaaay off. I had one of Steve's pet turkeys come stomping past me at 30 yards fully intending to dismember my Jake decoy. I shot, he ran away. We went to the gun range and found that at 20 yards, I was shooting 12" high and 6" to the right. I deserved that.

I tried something this year that I have never done before. I hunted the same gobbler all season on public land in MS. That old rascal took me to school in the little yellow bus on 5 different mornings (including today) and lived for another season. He may have been the same one that I called up for my grandson. I salute his incredible survival instincts and seasoned wiliness.  :funnyturkey:

Let's hear some more good turkey stories from this season.  :popcorn:

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

xarcher

Just dusted one. There is no place  like home.

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

FullChoke

:z-guntootsmiley: :smiley-char092:

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

xarcher

Busy with lotsa stuff this weekend. Will post pictures Monday. Mid 50s. Got 4 weeks to get rough with an upgrade. He had 2 beards but we are only counting one, right

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

FullChoke

Congratulations on what sounds to be a fine gobbler.

For the beards, add the length of the two together for your total beard length. Make sure that the photo of the beards clearly shows skin in the separation of the two beards. Include a separate photo of each beard on a tape measure.

Norman

pullit

Congrats, to you on a great hunt

and sorry for your bad luck FullChoke

surehuntsalot

congrats to the northern members of the team, sounds like they are getting it done
it's not the harvest,it's the chase