OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

buice trumpet

Started by Spitten and drummen, April 28, 2015, 02:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

does anyone have a contact for billy buice. I would like to try to get my hands on one of his trumpets. thanks.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

M Sharpe

I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Spitten and drummen

ordered a osage with 2 mouth pieces. a number 3 and #4. gonna start practicing for next year as soon as I get it.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

USMC0331

I have that same call and mouth pieces. It is a great call!

nitro

Buice Osage 2003 model. Great sounding yelper. Superb color on this wood that has indeed mellowed and darkened over time.

Good choice.
Royal Slam 2008

mgm1955

That's a beautiful horn. That wood is one of Billy's favorites. Congrats!

nitro

I inherited that Buice from the man who showed me the ropes about Turkey killing. He was a hell of a Turkey hunter. His name was Cliff Edwards. That call is a prized possession..
Royal Slam 2008

Britton40

Quote from: nitro on May 08, 2015, 10:29:17 AM
Buice Osage 2003 model. Great sounding yelper. Superb color on this wood that has indeed mellowed and darkened over time.

Good choice.

Nitro that Koa you gave to Squatty is the easiest one I've ever run. It's flat out awesome.

nitro

I'm glad he is enjoying it. He is a formidable Turkey killer.

I carried that board home from Kona. Spent part of a day looking through blanks. It's vivid and full of curl. Hard to choose one board when you have a warehouse full to look at.

Billy did an awesome job as usual on the yelpers.

[/quote]

Nitro that Koa you gave to Squatty is the easiest one I've ever run. It's flat out awesome.
[/quote]
Royal Slam 2008

nitro

The BoisD'Arc Buice on the right was from some Missouri Osage fencepost dug out and brought to Billy by a good friend. I love the "Flaws" in this one. It will sing a wonderful tune... I cherish the call a great deal..
Royal Slam 2008

gatrkyhntr70

Beauties there Andy!
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

nitro

Royal Slam 2008

jbrown

S&D, you made a great choice! Mr Billy makes my favorite trumpets, I've got several!! His calls are pure turkey!!